How do I use Dossier Deliver to send letters of recommendation to AMCAS?
With an upgrade to Dossier deliver, you can use Interfolio to deliver documents electronically to AMCAS. Before starting a delivery to AMCAS, you will need:
- Confidential letters of recommendation uploaded to your Dossier account. For help see the article Request a Confidential Letter of Recommendation Through Interfolio
- A subscription to Dossier Deliver
- Your AAMC ID (found in your AMCAS application). Before you start a new delivery to AMCAS, be sure to save your AAMC ID in your Interfolio Account Settings. For help adding your IDs, check out the article How Do I Add ID Numbers to My AMCAS Deliveries?
- A 7-digit AMCAS Letter ID (provided through the application) for each unique letter you’re sending to AMCAS.
- You’ll need to match each unique letter ID to its corresponding letter during the delivery creation process.
Note: AMCAS has 3-5 days to post a letter to your account once we send the delivery from our side.
1. From any application screen, click on your name in the upper right corner, and go to "Account Settings" to add your AAMC ID (found in your AMCAS application) to your account
See here for more information on adding ID Numbers to your AMCAS deliveries.
2. After adding your AAMC ID, navigate to the Deliveries page of your Dossier
3. Click "New Delivery"
4. Scroll down the page a bit, and type "AMCAS" in the search box, and select the appropriate letter service
5. Click "AMCAS" to access the letter service for the current year
6. Click "Start Application"
7. Click "Add Document"
8. You can add a document from your Dossier or upload a new file
9. Click "Continue" when you are finished adding documents
10. Enter the matching AMCAS Letter ID for each letter you are sending, and click "Save Letter IDs" as shown below
11. Click "Save Letter IDs"
12. Select your AAMC ID to include it with the delivery
13. Double-check your IDs!
If your IDs do not match correctly, we will not be able to correctly sync your delivery to your AMCAS application.
14. Select the electronic delivery method, and click "Submit Application" when you are finished
AMCAS has 3-5 days to post a letter to your account once we send the delivery from our side.
For help with your AMCAS recommendation section, visit the AMCAS FAQ page.