Add New Users - P&T
This article explains how to add new users to ByCommittee P&T from the User & Group Management page. Administrators can add new users to the program from other screens as well, for instance, when editing committee membership from the case page. Also, If you need to add many users to the program at once,see the article "Add Users in Bulk."
1. On your Promotion & Tenure dashboard, click "Manage," and select "Users and Groups" from the dropdown menu
1.1. -or- Click on "User & Group Management" from the navigation menu in the upper right of most screens in the program
The page opens on the "Users" tab by default
2. Click the "Add User" button to the right of the page
3. Enter the new user's information, including first name, last name, and email
4. Select a unit for the user
After adding them here; you will have the opportunity to assign the user to one or more standing committees, add them to other units, and set their permissions (user roles) within the program.
5. Choose whether or not to send user a welcome email and indicate if you want a copy of the messagen
Enter your welcome message and click "Preview" to see how the email will appear in the new user's inbox
The email preview will look like this:
Note that this email invites the user to join the program and includes a link to activate the account. If the user loses this email, you can always resend the invitation email.
Click "Send" when you are ready
You can resend this invitation email again at any time from the "Edit User" window accessed from the "Users" tab of Users, Committees & Units. See here for more information on how to resend the invitation email.
7. Click "Update" to create the user, or finish filling out the form to assign the user to committees and set unit permissions
8. Add the user to one or more standing committees (if necessary):
Select a committee from dropdown list and click "Add"
From the User & Group Management page, a user can only be assigned to standing committees, however, once added, they will appear as available for ad-hoc committees created within their respective unit.