Request External Evaluations
Administrators and Committee Managers can request evaluations from scholars who are external to the committee (or even the institution) to help them evaluate a candidate. External Evaluators receive an email with instructions for submitting the document and can upload it directly to ByCommittee without have an Interfolio account.
Note that it is possible to request evaluations from multiple potential evaluators at the same time. (So you only have to type one email message for all requests.)
1. Navigate to the case by clicking the candidate's name in your list of cases
2. Click "Request Evaluation" above the External Evaluations section of the packet
3. Enter the name and email of the external evaluator(s)
Note that you can click "Add Another Evaluator" to use this form to request letters from multiple evaluators.
4. Set a deadline for the evaluation(s) if necessary
This is a hard deadline, meaning the recipient will not be able to submit an evaluation after the deadline date.
5. Set who can access the request and the evaluation once it is uploaded
Look to the right of the page, and click the dropdown menu to select who can view the request while it is pending, and the Evaluation when it comes in. Click to open the dropdown list.
5.1. Open the "Access" dropdown
5.2. Select who can view the request and the letter once it arrives
By default, access is limited to Administrators only, but can be set to Administrators & Committee Managers, or to Administrators & Entire Committee.
6. You can also attach files that may be useful for the evaluator
Files you add here can be downloaded by the recipient when they accept the invitation to write an evaluation.
6.1. Click "Add" at the lower left of the request form
6.2. Click the addition symbol to add case materials that may be helpful to the letter writer
7. Enter a message to be included in the email sent to the evaluator
8. You can click "Preview" at the bottom left of the form to see how the request email will appear to the external evaluator
If your institution has branded ByCommittee P&T with custom colors and added a logo, these will appear in the email sent to the evaluator.