FACULTY180 Homepage, Navigation Bar, and User Menu
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to customize the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
If you were a Faculty180 users before March 13, 2018, you will notice substantial differences. You may find out document on the Spring 2018 changes useful in familiarizing yourself with all differences.
The interfolio Institutional homepage will contain the following items of note for a Faculty180 User:
- Interfolio User Menu (top right corner) - This menu allows users to access
- Action Items (center) - Items from all Institutional products offered by Interfolio (Review Promotion and Tenure, Faculty Search, and Faculty Activity Reporting (Faculty180)
- Navigation Bar (left side) - The navigation bar from the institutional page can be used to navigate to any Interfolio product. The exact options that are displayed will vary from user to user depending on institutional settings.
Interfolio User Menu
Click the Interfolio Help link in the upper-right corner of the screen to access the Interfolio Knowledge Database. Users can also submit support tickets to Interfolio if assistance with FACULTY180 is needed. The home page is for the Knowledge Base is product-help.interfolio.com.
Personal Account Settings
The Account Settings page allows a user to view the Interfolio account Settings. Please note that these are personal account settings are are not associated with your institution.
The Action Item section displays a list of tasks that need to be performed, such as completing an input form or an evaluation and accepting a co-authored work. In addition, messages that have been generated and sent to you by administrators at your institution also display here. To view the details related to a task or message, simply click the item.
Messages can be deleted by clicking the Delete (X) icon (As of March 12, 2018, this feature has been temporarily removed, and we be re-added at a later date).
While the Quicklinks button is not available on the homepage, you can still access to the tool from any Faculty180 specific page within the Interfolio product.
The Quicklinks button allows users to have quick and easy access to the screens they use often. For example, if there is a report that is used on a regular basis, and it contains complex filters, the user might want to create a quicklink to that report so it can be accessed quickly. Each user can create their own quicklinks, which can be shared with other users if they choose.
- Click Quicklinks in the upper-right corner of the screen, below the banner, then click Add This Page as a Quicklink. The Add Quicklink dialog box opens. A default name for the quicklink displays.
- If you choose, type a new name for the quick link in the Name field.
- When you are finished, click Save. The quick link is added to your list of quicklinks.
- Display the screen that you wish to create a quicklink for.
Renaming and Sharing Quicklinks
- From any screen, click Quicklinks in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Manage Quicklinks.
The Manage Quicklinks Options screen displays.
- The top displays the quicklinks added and managed by the user, at the bottom of the screen, are the Permanent Quicklinks added by an administrator.
- Click the icon for the desired task (Edit, Share, Delete, or Reorder).
Sharing a Quicklink
- To share a Quicklink with other users at your institution, click the Share button.
The Send Quicklink window will appear, here you will choose the faculty members that you want to share this Quicklink.
- Click the Select Faculty button.
The faculty selector tool will display and it allows users to filter down to relevant groups of faculty users at an institution. Users can use the search bar in the top left of the window to look for specific employees, or they can filter using the options on the left to easily select groups of employees to include in this selection.
All faculty members selected will receive copy of the provided a quicklink and they can view it at any time, if the have the provided permissions to access the page.
- Use the Faculty Selector to choose the users you would like to receive the Quicklink. When done, click the Select Faculty button at the bottom of the window.
- Click Save to confirm your selections in the Send Quicklink window.
Quicklinks and the User Menu
Quicklinks and the User Menu are not available while emulating users.
Accessing Help via your User Menu
Interfolio Help: Click the Interfolio Help link in the upper-right corner of the screen to access the Interfolio Knowledge Database. Users can also submit support tickets to Interfolio if assistance with FACULTY180 is needed. The home page is for the Knowledge Base is product-help.interfolio.com.
Sign Out: To log off iInterfolio, click the Sign-Out link.
The Dashboard also contains the following functionality:
Navigation Bar: The Faculty and Admin menus on the left side of the screen allow access to various features and functionality within FACULTY180.
To Do (Tasks): The To Do section displays a list of tasks that need to be performed, such as completing an input form or an evaluation and accepting a co-authored work. In addition, messages that have been generated and sent to you by administrators at your institution also display here. To view the details related to a task or message, simply click the item. Messages can be deleted by clicking the Delete icon.
Search Faculty Tool: The Search Faculty feature allows users to search for faculty members within their institution. Various search filters are available, including input section(s), unit, and a word search to find a similar or exact match. If you want this feature to be disabled for your institution, please complete a support ticket.
Manage Your Data: The Manage Your Data section provides quick access to the most common features in FACULTY180. View more information about the Manage Your Data section.
Analytics (Logi): From within the Manage Your Data pane users may see snapshots of information regarding work in the unit or institution in a few pre-set charts. Note: This can be enabled and disabled by the institution through communication with the CSM. View more information on Analytics here: (Analytics for Faculty and Administrative Users).
Announcements: The Announcements section contains new and updated information about FACULTY180, such as new features, release notes, upcoming webinars and events, and maintenance updates. This is managed and maintained by Interfolio.
Client Announcements: To the right of the announcement section is where the Client Announcements are located. This is maintained by administrators at the client institution with the proper permissions.