The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to customize the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
The FACULTY180 Dashboard displays each time a user logs on to FACULTY180.
The upper-right corner of the Dashboard contains two buttons: Quicklinks and the User Menu
Quicklinks and the User Menu are not available while emulating users.
- Quicklinks: The Quicklinks button allows users to have quick and easy access to the screens they use often. For example, if there is a report that is used on a regular basis, and it contains complex filters, the user might want to create a quicklink to that report so it can be accessed quickly. Each user can create their own quicklinks, which can be shared with other users if they choose.
Creating a Quicklink
- Click Quicklinks in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Add This Page as a Quicklink. The Add Quicklink dialog box opens. A default name for the quicklink displays.
- If you choose, type a new name for the quick link in the Name field.
- When you are finished, click Save. The quick link is added to your list of quicklinks.
- Display the screen that you wish to create a quicklink for.
Renaming and Sharing Quicklinks
- From any screen, click Quicklinks in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Manage Quicklinks.
The Manage Quicklinks Options screen displays.
- The top displays the quicklinks added and managed by the user, at the bottom of the screen, are the Permanent Quicklinks added by an administrator.
- Click the icon for the desired task (Edit, Share, Delete, or Reorder).
Sharing a Quicklink
- To share a Quicklink with other users at your institution, click the Share button.
The Send Quicklink window will appear, here you will choose the faculty members that you want to share this Quicklink.
- Click the Select Faculty button.
- Use the Faculty Selector to choose the users you would like to receive the Quicklink. When done, click the Select Faculty button at the bottom of the window.
- Click Save to confirm your selections in the Send Quicklink window.
Accessing Help via your User Menu
FAQs: There are two types of FAQs available through Interfolio.
- Institution FAQs: From within FACULTY180, allow faculty members to submit questions about using FACULTY180, and users serving as university-level software administrators or higher to respond to questions submitted by faculty members. Upon responding to a question, the question and corresponding answer are added to the list of questions on the FAQ screen. (See the Set Up section for information about managing FAQS)
- General FAQs: In addition to the internal FAQs, there are General FAQs. They are part of the FACULTY180 knowledge base and contain general information about FACULTY180. The General FAQs are maintained by Interfolio.
- Knowledge Base: Click the Knowledge Base link in the upper-right corner of the screen to access the FACULTY180 online help system. The online help system contains the FACULTY180 knowledge base, where users can view information about using FACULTY180. In addition, users can submit tickets through the help site. Users can also submit support tickets to Interfolio if assistance with FACULTY180 is needed. The home page is for the Knowledge Base is product-help.interfolio.com.
- Sign Out: To log off FACULTY180, click the Sign-Out link.
The Dashboard also contains the following functionality:
- Menus: The Faculty and Admin menus on the left side of the screen allow access to various features and functionality within FACULTY180.
- To Do: The To Do section displays a list of tasks that need to be performed, such as completing an input form or an evaluation and accepting a co-authored work. In addition, messages that have been generated and sent to you by administrators at your institution also display here. To view the details related to a task or message, simply click the item. Messages can be deleted by clicking the Delete icon.
- Manage Your Data: The Manage Your Data section provides quick access to the most common features in FACULTY180. View more information about the Manage Your Data section.
- Search Faculty: The Search Faculty feature allows users to search for faculty members within their institution. Various search filters are available, including input section(s), unit, and a word search to find a similar or exact match. If you want this feature to be disabled for your institution, please complete a support ticket.
- Analytics: The Analytics feature allows users to see snapshots of information regarding work in the unit or institution in a few pre-set charts. Note: This can be enabled and disabled by the institution through communication with the CSM. View more information on Analytics here (Analytics for Faculty and Administrative Users).
- Announcements: The Announcements section contains new and updated information about FACULTY180, such as new features, release notes, upcoming webinars and events, and maintenance updates. This is managed and maintained by Interfolio.
- Client Announcements: To the right of the announcement section is where the Client Announcements are located. This is maintained by administrators at the client institution with the proper permissions.