FACULTY180 Dashboard: Manage Your Data (U.S. Institutions Only)
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to customize the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
To have the functionality described in this article activated for your institution, please have your FACULTY180 administrator contact Interfolio.
The Manage Your Data section on the FACULTY180 dashboard allows users to easily access and customize their view of the following data:
- Profile data (default panel): Access the Profile Form
- Activity data (default panel): Access the Activity Input Form
- Evaluations (default panel): Access the Evaluations screen
- Vitas and Biosketches (default panel): Access the Vitas & Biosketches screen
- Activity Counts: The number of activities entered for each activity type for the selected academic term(s)
- Annual Grant Income: The total (direct and indirect) amount of annual grant income for the selected academic term(s)
- Enrollment By Term: The number of students enrolled in the courses taught by the faculty member for the selected academic term(s)
- Grant Funding: The total amount of grant funding for the selected academic term(s)
- Quicklinks: Display all quicklinks currently set up in FACULTY180
- Scholarly Distribution By Term: The number of scholarly activities entered for each type by the selected academic term(s)
- Scholarly Distribution By Type: The number of scholarly activities entered for the selected academic term(s) by type
- Student Credit Hours By Term: The number of student credit hours for the courses taught by the faculty member for the selected academic term(s)
The data is displayed on the dashboard in the form of panels and is displayed in graphical, tabular, or the standard text format, depending on the panel. Additional information for panels displayed in graphical format can be displayed by moving the mouse pointer over the panel.Users can easily add and remove individual panels from the dashboard, along with rename and resize panels, according to their preferences.
The data within each panel is dynamic; therefore, as changes are made to the data, such as adding an activity, the data within the panels is automatically refreshed. If changes are made to the panel configuration, the new panel configuration is automatically saved.
When viewing data, the academic term(s) for the data being displayed can be changed by clicking the Filter icon in the upper-left corner of the Manage Your Data section.
Add a New Panel
To add a new panel to the dashboard, do the following:
- Click the Settings cogwheel in the upper-left corner of the Manage Your Data section.
- Click Add Panels. The Add Panels pop-up window opens.
- Locate the panel you wish to add to the dashboard. The filters at the top of the pop-up window can be used to search for available panels. The available panels can be sorted based on the date they were added to FACULTY180 and in alphabetical order by title.
- Click Add adjacent to the panel to be added. The Add Panels pop-up window indicates the panel has been added to the dashboard.
- Click Done or close the Add Panels pop-up window. The new panel displays in the dashboard.
Remove a Panel
To remove a panel, click the cogwheel for the panel to be removed, then click Remove.
Rename a Panel
Default panels cannot be renamed. To rename a panel, click the cogwheel for the panel to be renamed, click Rename, then type the new name for the panel and click the button to confirm.
Move a Panel
To move a panel to a new location in the Manage Your Data section, simply click and drag the panel to the desired location when the move arrow (4 arrows cursor) is visible.
Resize a Panel
To resize a panel, move the mouse pointer over the side of the panel to be resized, then click and drag the resizing handles to the desired size.
Note the handles on the pane below.