The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configurable the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
The Profile Report provides reporting on each section in the Profile form, such as personal information, work experience, degrees, professional licensures & certifications, memberships, honors, interests, biographies, etc.
The Profile Report can be run to provide answers to such questions as:
- How many degrees does a particular faculty member have and what are the disciplines?
- For a specific college, which full-time faculty holds the Academic Rank of Adjunct Faculty, Associate Professor, Professor, etc.?
Report access is based upon a user's permissions. For example, a provost might have permissions to access all reports at the university level and below, while deans might only have access to reports for their colleges.
- To access the report, click the Admin menu, then click Reports. The Reports screen displays.
- Select Profile Report (under Activity Reports).
- Select the appropriate Profile section from the Activity drop down. This will select the data to include in the report.
- Click the Select Faculty button to use the faculty selection tool to select faculty to include in the report.
- Click Build Report. The report loads.
- To sort the data in the report by a particular column, click the column heading.
- The icons at the top of the page can be used to print, export to Word, export to Excel, and export to PDF. Note: Sorting the data applies only to the display the sort will not be reflected in the export options. If a different sort order is desired, the data should be exported to Excel, where the sort order can then be modified.
- To add the report as a Quicklink, either:
- Click the upper right of the page
- Select Quicklinks > Add This Page as a Quicklink (from the menu bar at the top of the page).
- To edit the Profile data for a specific faculty member, click the Edit icon.
- The faculty member is now being emulated. In emulation mode, changes can be made to the faculty member's record in real time.
- To return to the report screen, click Exit Emulation in the upper righthand corner of the screen.
- To add an Activity Classification filter to the report, select the Activity Classification from the drop down and specify the criteria for the classification. Then, click Apply. The option to select an Activity Classification is only available if there are activity classifications in that section.
- To clear an Activity Classification, click X Icon the next to the filter.
- For those sections that can have more than one record per faculty member (i.e. Work Experience, Degrees, Licenses, Honors, etc.), the report can be grouped by faculty.
Some reports can be grouped by the faculty member that they are pertaining to, see the image below for a sample of how this appears in the in report output interface.
- Select Grouped by Faculty from the Table Format drop down.
- Then, click Refresh Report to view the updated report.
- To change the faculty selected for the report, click the Select Faculty button to select the faculty and then click the Refresh Report button to refresh the report data.
- To view the report using a different activity, select the activity from the drop down and then click the Refresh Report button.