Activity Input: Approve Faculty Input Process
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to customize the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
Once the faculty input process has been initiated, faculty members can start updating their activities. In addition, system administrators can monitor faculty input participation and start approving faculty activities.
To approve a faculty members activity input form, do the following:
- On the Admin menu, click Administration.
- Click Approve Faculty Input in the Activity Input section. The Approval Process screen displays.
- In the General section, specify the start date, end date, and the desired workflow form.
- In the Faculty section, select the faculty members to be included in the approval process.
- Click Build Report. A report displays, showing the percentage of faculty members who have submitted and completed their activity input form. The number of approval levels that were created for each workflow also displays.
- Click the View icon in the Actions column to view the approval process. A list of all faculty members included in the selected approval process displays.
- Faculty members who have not completed their activity input form can be reminded individually by clicking the Email Faculty icon for each faculty member. Reminder messages can also be sent in bulk to faculty members in the Communication screen. (See Communication for more information.)
- To view and approve/reject the activity input for a faculty member, click the View icon in the View and Approve column. You then have the option of approving or rejecting faculty member's activities.
If the activity input for a faculty member is approved at one level but rejected at the next level, the review process has to start over from the beginning. The faculty member will receive an e-mail notification regarding the rejection, along with instructions on what the faculty member needs to do (such as update their activities) to have their faculty input approved. A notification message will also display in the To Do section on the dashboard.