Tools: Clear Faculty Scholarly Duplicates
When importing scholarly works data from third parties, institutions now have the option to prevent duplicate data from being imported into FACULTY180. Depending on your institutions policies, the Dashboard To Do section will display a message for faculty if there is duplicate data to be addressed.
The Clear Faculty Duplicates screen displays a list of all the duplicate scholarly works data based on the selected citation format, including the imported and existing activity that the system has found to be a duplicate and the match percentage.
To access the Clear Faculty Duplicates screen, do the following:
- On the Admin menu, click Administration.
- In the Tools section, click Clear Faculty Scholarly Duplicates. The Clear Faculty Duplicates screen displays, showing a list of duplicate data for the selected citation format.
- If necessary, select the faculty members you wish to show duplicate data for by clicking Select Faculty.
- To view the duplicate activity in more detail, click the View icon. The Handle Duplicate Record dialog box opens. The following options are available for handling the duplicate record:
- Import As New: adds the imported activity as a new activity
- Replacing Existing: the newly imported activity will replace the existing activity
- Discard Imported: the newly imported activity will be deleted
Duplicate imported activities can also be managed without viewing the details using the Actions drop-down.
Click the applicable Dashboard message in the To Do section. The Clear Faculty Duplicates screen displays, showing a list of duplicate data for the selected citation format.