Configuration: Upload Form
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to customize the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
When uploading data to FACULTY180, the Upload Form must be used if the indirect method of data transfer is being utilized. Once the Upload Form is configured, use the Upload Data feature to actually upload your institution's data.
When uploading a Courses Taught data file for the Teaching section, multiple classification values are allowed for Activity Classification fields that have a multi-select option. In the Microsoft Excel file that gets uploaded to FACULTY180, each classification value in the data field must be separated using a pipeline. Example: classroom|online|distance learning
To configure the upload form, do the following:
- On the Admin menu, click Setup.
- Click Upload Form in the Configuration section. The Upload Form screen displays.
- Select the type of template to be configured using the Upload list in the Data to Upload section. Note that the fields in the Upload Fields section vary based on the type of template being configured.
- Select the separator that is used in the data being uploaded from your institutional system (comma or tab).
- Use the Select Fields section to select the fields corresponding to the data being uploaded. The order of the fields selected must correspond with the column order in the uploaded data file. See the Data Dictionary for detailed information about the available fields within each file type.