Define Unit Administrative Access Rights
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to customize the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
Your institution can manage administrative access rights directly within FACULTY180. Administrative rights can be modified by unit based on the organizational structure. (See Set Up Foundational Areas for information about specifying administrative rights for each academic unit.)
To define unit administrative rights, do the following:
- On the Admin menu, click Setup.
- Click Organizational Structure in the School section.
- Click the Edit icon adjacent to the unit that you wish to define administrative rights. The Edit Unit screen displays
- Specify the desired administrative rights for the selected unit.
- When you are finished, Save the information.
Three levels of access exist:
- No Access Granted
- Allow Access Only
- Allow Access & Allow to Grant Access - Allows the user to assign access to other users who have been granted administrative access to sub-units under the current unit. For example, a dean of a college can assign rights to a department chair within that college.
Support Accounts - Limited Access Rights
To navigate to the to the form to manage access limited access rights:
- Select Administration link from the Administration tab
- Select the Support Accounts to link in the Tools section.
While editing a support account with limited rights, individual faculty accounts can be selected in Section D (as displayed above). The support account user would have access to just emulate the faculty account but not have access to any other administrative rights for the unit.
Faculty Accounts - Limited Access Rights
Faculty Accounts - (Add/Edit) Faculty: There is no option to set 'Limited Rights', but this is currently being considered for future development.
Administrative Rights Sections
Following is a description of each option in the Administrative Rights section:
To add a subunit to a unit, see Organizational Structure.