Analytics for Faculty and Administrative Users
In order to enable Analytics in Faculty180, an institutional administrator must reach out to their Client Services Manager to have this feature enabled for their institution/faculty members. Submit a ticket to Freshdesk asking for this feature to be enabled or for more information.
Data analytics and visualization tools can be made available on the dashboards of both administrator and faculty users at any Faculty180 client institution. It is also available to Administrators via the Admin tab's Analytics button when enabled. This feature automatically turns raw data stored in Faculty180 into charts/graphs that are easy for the user to use and relevant to the users' unit assignment and permissions.
Graphs like the one above, give users a snapshot of the information that may be relevant to them and are easily editable through their options.
Adding Charts to the Dashboard
Once enabled, an administrator or a faculty user can log in the Manage Your Data section will be available if it has been enabled for them by their institution.
In order to add charts to your Dashboard, follow the following directions:
- Click on the settings 'Cog'/'Wheel' ('Options link') in the Manage your Data Section
- After clicking on the Cog ('Options' link), click on the 'Add Panels' button.
- After selecting the 'Add Panels' option, a window will launch that will present the charts that are available for selection.
- Click the 'Add' button next to the chart that you want to add to the dashboard.
Customizing and Editing the Panes on your Dashboard
Once you add a new chart to your dashboard, it will be placed in the top left corner of the pane. We recommend you organize your different panes in the 'Manage Your Data' section with all of the relevant fields and information that is important to you.
- Put your cursor over the header of the chart.
- Click and drag the chart to a new portion of the section.
Note that dragging the chart to the borders will expand the Manage Your Data's Pane section.
- Click on one of the handles on the sides or corner of the chart to expand/reduce the chart area
- To change the scope of the data, modify the dates at the top of the Manage Your Data Section
- To Edit, Rename or Remove a chart, click on the "Cog"/"Wheel" ("Options" link) in the top right-hand corner of the chart.
Administrator Users Only - Viewing Charts Through the Analytics button on the Admin tab
If the feature has been enabled, then on the Admin tab, users that have administrator privileges will be able to maintain a larger space to order and maintain their Analytics Charts.
- Click on the Analytics button in the Admin tab to navigate to the page.
- At the top of the screen is the relevant Unit that you want to pull information for and then there is a dates section to choose the relevant timeframe.
- Similarly, to what has mentioned above, click the 'Add Panels' button if you want to add additional charts to the page
- If you want to Edit, Rename, or Remove the chart and the information that is displayed click on the 'Options' drop-down on the relevant chart.
Note: Not all charts are editable.
- When you click the 'Edit' option from the drop-down menu, then you will be able to choose what information you want to see. (Options vary)