Importing Data from Other Sources (optional) - Additional Resources
Migrating data stored in other systems into FACULTY180 is important. Data migration services are available through Interfolio.Contact Interfolio for more information on these services.
Legacy data is data that is stored in a different faculty activity reporting system (in-house or another vendor). Following are the steps for the legacy or competitor data conversion process.
Initial Communication / Notification Steps
- Institution is aware of new data to be converted
- Institutionprovides advance notification to Interfolio of data delivery (notification should be at least seven business days in advance of delivery)
- Interfolio schedules data analysis
Delivery of Institution Data Steps
- Institutionprocesses data
- Institutiondelivers data to Interfolio servers
- Institutionnotifies Interfolio of delivery
Processing Data Steps
- Interfolio retrieves and analyzes data for mapping
- Interfolio maps data to FACULTY180 fields
- Interfolio sends data clarification request (optional)
- Institutionresponds to clarification request (optional)
- Interfolio processes data toFACULTY180sandbox environment
Data Review Steps
- Institutionreviews data in development database (sandbox)
- Institutionnotifies Interfolio of conversion issues (optional)
- Institutionnotifies Interfolio of conversion success
Data Conversion to Production
- Interfolio processes data to FACULTY180 production database
Importing Vita Data
Your institution may want to migrate vita data contained in Microsoft Word and/or PDF formats into FACULTY180. Options for importing this data include:
- Faculty members will enter their own prior data.
- Staff and/or student workers will enter faculty data, with review and approval by faculty members.
- A data migration company will be used to convert faculty data into a format that allows bulkuploading.
Importing Vendor Data
Faculty data contained in vendor databases can be imported into FACULTY180. Migration is much easierif a vendor has an API (application program interface) to support the process. Following are someexamples of vendor data that can be imported into FACULTY180:
- Publication databases such as Academic Analytics, EBSCO, Google Scholar, MEDLINE/PubMed,SciVal, and Web of Science
- Reference management software such as Endnote, RefWorks, and Zotero
- Grant databases such as eTrac and Kuali
- Course evaluation solutions such as CourseEval, EvaluationKIT, Scantron, and SmarterServices
- Research information systems such as Converis, Pure, and Symplectic