Manage the Recommendation Letters You've Been Asked to Write
Open "Letters to Write" tab
Note that the number of new requests will appear listed on the tab.
The letters you have been asked to write will appear listed
By default, requests that have not yet been accepted, or that have been accpeted but not yet submitted will appear listed.
Filter the list by letter status
You can filter the list to show all requests, completed requests, accepted and declined requests.
Request statuses include:
- Requested: The letter has been requested, but you have not yet indicated if you accept the invitation to write the letter or not.
- Completed: The letter has been succesfully uploaded to the requester's Dossier.
- Accepted: The letter request has been accepted, but not yet uploaded.
- Declined: The letter request has been refused.
- Pending: The letter has been requested, and we are waiting for an action on your part, either to accept or decline, or to upload accepted requests
To get more information on a request, click "View Details" under the "Actions" column to the right of the page
If you have not yet uploaded a letter to satisfy the request, you can click to accept or decline the request.
Note the ID number of the request. If you need to retrieve a missing request, you can find it using this letter. The ID number also appears in your email.
Filter the list by letter status to show "Completed" requests
Click "View Details" under the "Actions" column to the right of the page
Click to download the PDF, download the original, or replace the file
If you expect to see a letter request, but it does not appear, you can search for the request using the document ID number.