Quick to Post Guide for Faculty Search - Table of Contents
Welcome to the Quick Start Guide for Interfolio Faculty Search
This guide is only recommended Interfolio Faculty Search Client Institutions who would like to post a position as soon as possible.
Here is the link if you are looking for the general chapter on Creating a Position.
This chapter of articles have been assembled to help an administrator at an institution quickly be able to create a posting in Interfolio Faculty Search, and in doing so creating a template for the institution and/or unit. This guide can be accomplished with one users with an administrator account.
How to Progress Through this Self Guided Training
There are a total of 7 Core Sections to this training, each with required articles .
At the bottom of every article, including this one, there will be a forward and back button so you can progress to the next article in the process or back to the last article you were at in this manual.
Please Note: All 'Optional' articles are outside of this guide and instead are housed with our general help information. Thus if you are relying on this guide, you must click on the links in the section guides, and then navigate back to this guide in order to keep progressing.
At the beginning of each section, there is a section article to get information about what content will be covered in the upcoming content, such as: a summary, learning goals, vocabulary, required articles, and optional or additional resources. In addition to the help articles, a number of videos have been created to help depict the product in use so users can see how it looks in-action.
Each section will contain links to let you jump and skip to the section you are interested in, note that if you jump over an article, you need to go step back to find it, or return to the section article and/or the table of contents.
Table of Contents
Preface - Faculty Search, Using this Resource, and Getting Further Support
If you need further assistance, you can also submit a support ticket using the bubble in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, or email Scholar Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article you currently are reading will be a table of contents to help you quickly navigate to the other content from a central location. There are additional learning articles within the individual section articles (ie- Section 2 - Managing User Roles and Assigned Units)
Section 1 - Accessing and Navigating Interfolio Faculty Search
The first section of the Quick Start Faculty Search guide will focus on informing users how to login, as well as navigate to Interfolio Faculty Search. All login methods are covered in the materials below.
Section 2 - Managing User Roles and Assigned Units
This section section of the Quick Start Faculty Search Guilde will focus on informing users how to manage user roles and also add additional units. Optional articles will provides tips to manage and customize Interfolio Faculty Search for your institution's users and applicants.
Section 3 - Administrative Settings
The third section of the Quick Start Faculty Search Guide will be focusing on updating the Institutional Templates and Settings that are being used to run a search. Administrators at the institution or unit level can create standardized form templates, position and applicant statuses that fit the needs of their institution's and/or units to ensure consistency across searches and/or departments.
- About the Faculty Search Administration Page
- Managing the EEO Statements
- Create and Edit a VEVRAA/503-compliant EEO Form/Template
- Managing EEO Form/Template
- Create a Custom Application Form
- Video or Additional Materials on Application and Position Statuses
- Create and Manage Message Templates
- Sample Message Templates
- Best Practice Guide: Installing an Institutional Set of Statuses
- Create and Manage Position Statuses
- Create and Manage Application Statuses
Section 4 - Creating and Distributing a Search
This section of the guide focuses on creating a search, setting requirements, assigning forms and templates within Interfolio, and then also distributing the URL that applicants will use to navigate to the application landing page. This landing page will track the receiving sources of your applicants and inform institution search committees of the most productive messages and postings that they have made.
Section 5 - Managing and Supporting a Position Search
Section 5 of this guide covers the basics to managing and supporting a position search within Interfolio Faculty Search. This collection of materials will assist administrator and committee managers in understanding the applicant and letter writer experience, as well as how to manage and support their submissions.
- View Referral Sources to See Where People are Finding Your Position
- Assign or Change a Position Status
- E-Mail Applicants
- Create An Application on Behalf of an Applicant
- Add Materials on Behalf of An Applicant
- Request a Letter of Recommendation on Behalf of an Applicant
- Mark Applications as Complete
- Assign or Change an Application Status
- Faculty Search Experience Video
- How to Apply to a Position Hosted on Interfolio
- What does it mean when the requested letter is still pending?
- Request and Send Letters to an Interfolio Hosted Position
- Getting Help from Interfolio
- Accepted File Types
- Faculty Search Applicant Experience (w/video)
Supporting Letter Writers
Section 6 - Evaluating Applications
This section will inform users how to effectively evaluate applications for a position and how to reliably collect and relay feedback to the committee using Interfolio Faculty Search. Users will be given tips to use Application Statuses and Position Statuses to deliver reliable and consistent messaging to all applicants to your Interfolio hosted position search. Tagging and archiving applicants will allow for a smooth and easy committee experience within Interfolio Faculty Search.
Section 6 - Evaluating Applications(w/Video)
- Navigating to a Position within Faculty Search
- Filtering and Saving Views
- Using the Document Viewer to Review Materials
- Tagging Applications for Easy Filtering and Organization
- How to Rate Applications
- How to Comment on Applications
- How to Leave Personal Annotations on Application Materials and Export Them
- How to Archive or Unarchive an Application
Section 7 - Closing and Reporting a Position Search
This section will demonstrate how to generate and export reports of the data that has been collected during the use of Interfolio Faculty Search. Both during and after the committee has made their final decision, the institution and the committee can gain valuable insight with the data on the candidates, process, and evaluations related to the search.