Create and Manage Application Statuses
If permissions allow it, Committee Managers and Administrators can create application statuses (such as "Longlist," or "Shortlist," or "Removed From Consideration") that can be used to mark where an application is in the process of review.
Application statuses are created on the "Administration" page of a unit in Faculty Search. The individual statuses you create, or even the whole set of application statuses can be sent down to lower units.
Note that the option to create statuses may appear as "locked" if an Administrator from a higher unit has disabled position status creation.
1. From your account dashboard, click "Manage" and select "Administration"
2. Check to make sure you are editing settings for the correct unit
The changes you make here will apply to the current administrative unit, but you can also disable the creation of application statuses for lower units, and send application statuses or the set of application statuses down to lower units.
3. On the "Statuses" tab, scroll down to "Application Status"
If position status is disabled, you will see a notice that changes to position statuses have been locked by a higher unit, as shown below"
4. Click "Actions"
The "Actions" menu and the option to enable or disable application status creation will not appear if an Administrator of a higher adminstrative unit has disabled position status creation.
5. Select "Add new status"
6. Enter the status name, set whether or not applicants can update application materials, and view the status when it is applied, and click to save
7. You will be given the option to provide this status for any units that are below the unit you are editing
When you send the new set of statuses to lower units, you will replace any statuses they have created.
Click "Action" and select "Send statuses to lower units"
Confirm that you want to replace any statuses the lower units have created
Click to disable or enable status creation
When disabled, units below cannot create, edit or delete statuses, but you can still create and edit statuses for the current unit.