Release Notes (v.4.23)
Back Up/Export Co-Author Data
When backing up/exporting data in FACULTY180, co-author data will now be included in the output files.
Faculty Classifications: Increase maximum number of faculty classification options
The maximum number of allowable faculty classification options allowed for each faculty classification has been increased from 50 to 100.
To create a faculty classification option, do the following:
- On the Admin menu, click Setup.
- In the Customize section, click Faculty Classifications.
- Add a new faculty classification or edit an existing faculty classification.
- Scroll to the Classification section to create a faculty classification option.
- Save your work
Scholarly Activities: Integration between FACULTY180 and DSpace
An integration with DSpace is now available in FACULTY180 for scholarly activities. As a result of this integration, faculty members will be able to add files to the DSpace repository without leaving FACULTY180.
When adding scholarly activities in FACULTY180, faculty members can add files and the associated metadata directly to the DSpace repository as an attachment from FACULTY180. DSpace will then send FACULTY180 a link to the file in the DSpace repository – the link is stored in FACULTY180 with the associated scholarly activity. (This integration must be activated for your institution by DATA180.)
To add a file to the DSpace repository through FACULTY180, do the following:
- On the Faculty menu, click Activities, then click Scholarly Contributions & Creative Productions.
- Click Add.
- Select the type of activity to be added, then click Continue.
- In the Attachments section, select the DSpace file type. The Select DSpace Collection pop-up window opens.
- Select the appropriate Collection, then click Okay.
- Save your work.
Activity Input (Teaching): Add comments for academic terms
Faculty members can now add comments via a rich text box for specific academic terms in the Activity Input (Teaching) Form. Comments can only be added to academic terms that have applicable courses taught per faculty member. This feature must be activated by your institution.
To add comments, do the following:
- On the Faculty menu, click Activities, then click Teaching. The comments section displays.
- To add or edit a comment, click the Edit icon adjacent to the desired academic term.
- The Course Comment pop-up window opens.
- Add or edit a comment, then click Save.