Release Notes (v.4.24)
Added filters to help limit the number of 'Active' workflows upon entry of the Initiate Input Workflow screen
To access the new filters on the Initiate Faculty Input page, do the following:
- From the Admin tab, click Administration > Activity Input > Initiate Faculty Input.
- Use the filters to limit the number of faculty input workflows that appear on the page:
- Start Date and End Date: Enter a start and end date to limit the results to workflows with the Faculty Input Opens and Faculty Input is Due dates within the date range specified.
- Workflow Form: Select a workflow from the list to limit the results to workflows using a specific form.
- Click the Refresh Report button.
Added the ability to email faculty from the Approve Faculty Input page
An email icon has been added to the Approve Faculty Input page.
Clicking the email icon provides the option of emailing all participating faculty, or only those that have not submitted.
Added a new Unit Summary screen before approving faculty input workflows
To view this new summary screen, do the following:
- From the Admin tab, click Administration > Activity Input > Approve Faculty Input.
- The Approve Faculty Input page displays. Click the view icon for the desired workflow.
- The summary screen displays.
- Click the view icon to approve the faculty input.
Allow universities the option of uploading files that are automatically imported into FACULTY180 every morning
For more information, refer to the attachment titled 'FACULTY180 AutoUpload Information' for specifics regarding the upload.
Allow users of our API to access vitas as a JSON object
The valid options are 'output=html' and 'output=json'. When no options are specified, will default to 'output=html'.
Added an option for API vita output that produces a clean HTML Vita with no inline styling
The new option, 'output=html_clean' allows institutions to add their own styling to the vita.
Added some text to help administrators understand why access is given to workflows for input approval
Help text has been added to the Approve faculty input page:
Added the ability to use a Collaborative Form in an Evaluation
Added a 'Collaborative Evaluation' checkbox on the Create Evaluation Form page that will create a shared set of evaluation forms to allow multiple evaluators to edit the shared evaluation form. Only one author is allowed in a collaborative evaluation. In addition, there is no tracking to identify the evaluator who is saving the comments. Data entered into the form by the evaluators is inserted into the one author's record.
NOTE: If the author list is changed, the evaluation MUST be saved BEFORE advanced author editing (clicking 'Author Settings') can be performed.
To create a collaborative evaluation, do the following:
- Select the 'Collaborative Evaluation' checkbox (under 2 - Assign Evaluators & Schedule).
- A warning message displays with important information regarding collaborative evaluations
- Click OK.
- Specify the Evaluators and Authors. Only one author can be assigned.
- Make any other changes, as needed. When finished, click the Save button to save the changes.
Evaluators using the collaborative form will click the 'Evaluate' button, to edit and view the collaborative form.
Faculty Response has been removed for those evaluations that do not have the option for the faculty to respond
The faculty response section has been removed for those evaluations for which faculty were not given the option to respond. Previously, the faculty response section was displayed with the text 'No response given at this time'.
Added the ability to change the text of the 'Evaluate' button
The 'Evaluate' button text can be changed for self-evaluations and standard evaluations. Note: This change must be performed by FACULTY180. Clients should have their FACULTY180 administrator fill out a support ticket with the desired wording for the button.
Added a warning message to evaluations if a Faculty Classification Input form is not completed
This enhancement applies to evaluations which use both custom evaluation forms and faculty classification input forms. A warning message will appear indicating 'Faculty Classification Input Forms may not have been submitted' if the Save button is clicked without completing the faculty classification input forms. Once the warning appears, click the Submit button to submit the evaluation or click the Cancel button to return to the form and complete the Faculty Classification Form.
In addition, as Faculty Classification Input Forms are completed, a check mark appears next to the form name:
Dynamic Evaluatee/Evaluator Assignment
It is now possible to dynamically assign evaluatees/evaluators in an evaluation. To dynamically assign evaluatees/evaluators, do the following:
- Assign the Evaluators and Authors in the evaluation, as normal.
- Save the changes.
- Edit the evaluation and click the Author Settings button (under 2 - Assign Evaluators & Schedule).
- A table appears with the Evaluatees and Authors. Select the appropriate role for each evaluatee/author. The options are 'Author' , 'Evaluator', and 'None'.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
Added the ability to extend evaluation deadlines for individual faculty members
It is now possible to extend evaluation deadlines for individual faculty members. To extend the deadline, do the following:
- From the Admin tab, click Administration > Evaluations.
- Use the filters to locate the evaluation.
- Click the edit icon for the evaluation you wish to edit.
- Scroll down to the section titled '2 - Assign Evaluators & Schedule'. Click the Author Settings button.
- Section B - Time Due, allows due dates to be specified for individual faculty. Locate the Author and Evaluatee for whom the due date should be extended and enter the new due date. Note: blank values indicate the default due date and time.
- Click the Save button.
Keep in mind that the time extension does NOT flow down through the evaluation steps. Therefore, if appropriate, the start and end dates/time for subsequent evaluations may also need to be adjusted.
The new due date/time will be visible to the author(s)/evaluator(s) for whom the extension was granted. The new date/time appears in the 'Specified End' column. A '-' in this column indicates the default due date/time.
Modified text within the Evaluation Workflow for early access notification
Within the Evaluation Workflow, if the option is selected for Early Access Notification, the text has been changed from 'for all evaluations' to 'for each evaluation'.
Faculty controls access to publicly displayed information
When adding or editing a vita there is an option to Hide Activities Set to "No" in "Publicly Displayed", the default option is set to 'No'. If this option is changed to 'Yes', any activities for which the Activity Classification 'Publicly Displayed' is set to 'No' will not display on the vita. Note: This option must be turned on in your database. If your institution is interested in using this new feature, please have your FACULTY180 administrator fill out a support ticket.
The option appears when editing a vita:
Faculty members can hide activities by setting the 'Publicly Displayed' classification for each activity: