How to: Upload and Manage Materials with Your Dossier Account
You can store a variety of materials in your Dossier account including letters of recommendation, supporting documents such as CV's and cover letters, and examples of your writing and research.
We accept a range of file types and formats including videos, and links to webpages.
You can add tags to your materials so you can quickly locate them, organize your materials into collections for specific purposes.
We will store your materials even after your account expires, so they’ll be there if you renew your account a few years later.
In this Article:
1. To get started, click "Materials" on your navigation bar.
2. To add materials such as document and image files, click "Add Files" on your "My Materials" page
3. Drag & drop or browse to upload files
You can add multiple files at one time.
4. Select the type of material for each file you are uploading
Choose the material type from the dropdown menu
5. Give your files titles that will make them easy to find in your Dossier
6. Click "Add"
The uploaded material will appear in your Dossier
Depending on the size of the file, it will take a few moments for our system to convert your document. You may need to refresh your browser to update the status. When it's finished, the status will change from "Converting" to "Received."
See here for more information on document and requested letter statuses.
The preview displays how your material will appear to reviewers:
Click the "History" tab to view a history of changes made to the document
We currently support linking to videos with YouTube and Vimeo URLs. You cannot embed videos into a PDF document.
1. Open the Video tab in the "Add File" window
2. Give your video a title
3. Indicate what type of material you are adding
The default is "Video," but you can indicate that your video file is to serve as another type of material, such as a personal statement or an essay.
4. Enter a YouTube or Vimeo URL linking to your video
5. Enter a description to provide information or context for your video
6. Click "Add" and the video will be added to the list of materials in your Dossier
7. Click the title to preview your video
You can edit the title and description of the video from the preview window
Click "Add To" to add materials to a collection or to create a new collection
See here for more information on organizing your materials into collections.
If you want to rename your document, you can do so when you are adding it to a delivery or Interfolio Faculty Search application.