Adding and Managing Users with SSO in RPT
Any user with the Institutional Administrator role can go into the Review, Promotion, and Tenure application and adjust the SSO field anytime. This article will cover adding new users and managing existing users with SSO.
Single Sign On credentials can be added and modified in each of Interfolio's modules. This feature empowers institutions to make changes to SSO or to troubleshoot when users have issues logging into Interfolio products with SSO.
Within each module, any user with the Institutional Administrator role can go into an application and adjust one field - SSO ID - whenever someone may have an issue logging into the application.
This is a place in-product that Institutional Administrators can use users to spot-check that the proper SSO ID got passed for an individual user, and if necessary, update SSO ID.
1. First navigate to the Users & Groups page, then click the "+Add User" button
2. Enter the user's first name, last name, and email address, then check the box labeled "If checked, this user will need to sign on using their institutional credentials". This will automatically allow the user to log in with their SSO credentials.
1. First navigate to the Users & Groups page
2. Search to locate the user whose SSO needs updating. Users with an SSO login are identified by the Key icon to the left of their name
3. Click the pencil icon next to the user's name to edit their information
4. In the Edit User window, open the "SSO Identifier" tab
5. Edit and Save the SSO ID
Note that removing an SSO ID is not recommended and may result in the user losing access to the program. If an SSO ID is removed by mistake, it can always be updated again via the SSO Identifier tab.
1. To remove the SSO ID for a user, follow the steps above, but click the red REMOVE SSO ID button.
2. Confirm your selection to remove the SSO ID