Configuration: FAQ Configuration
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configure the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
Institutions can creat a custom FAQ section for faculty and administrators. Interfolio has established some common questions/answers that you can add to, delete, or modify. Faculty and administrators can access the FAQs from the Dashboard.
Faculty members have the ability to ask questions, which in turn will be added to the FAQ section upon being answered by a level 1 university software administrator. Faculty can submit questions by clicking Announcement and Help from the Navigation Bar.
When a question is submitted, all level 1 university software administrators receive an e-mail message with a link to the question. The link also displays in the To Do section on the level 1 administrators' Dashboard.
When a level 1 university software administrator answers the question, the faculty member who submitted the question receives a notification that the question has been answered, the question and answer are added to the FAQ section, and the links are removed from the Dashboard for the other level 1 university administrators. However, the level 1 university administrators do not receive notification that the question has been answered.
Institutions can request that the names of FACULTY180 users who submit questions in the FAQ section be hidden - please submit your request to your CSM.
To add questions and answers to the custom FAQ section for your institution, do the following:
- On the Admin section of the navigation menu, click Setup.
- Click FAQ Configuration in the Configuration section. The FAQ Configuration screen displays.
- If you wish to make changes to current FAQ content, click the appropriate Edit icon.
- To add a new FAQ, click Add.
- Add the new question and answer.
- Click Save.
Use the Order column's drop-down field to change the order of the FAQs.
Accessing and Responding to "Open" FAQs Through Action Items
If your institution has open (not responded to) FAQs, an action item will appear under Your Action Items when you log in to your account. In order to be taken to the FAQ page to reply to questions follow the instructions below:
- Under Your Action Items click on the action item associated with the FAQ.
- Under Open FAQ Requests, locate the open FAQ to respond to and click Respond or Delete under the Actions column.
Note: If you click Delete, the question will just be deleted from the Open FAQ Requests.
- If you are responding to a FAQ, just click Respond and provide a answer to the question in the Answer box.
- Click Save.
5. The question will now appear under the Existing FAQs and Responses section of the FAQ page.