Managing Faculty Classifications - Manual Input using Input Faculty Classifications
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configure the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
An administrator can manually input faculty classifications using the Input Faculty Classifications option on the Admin tab. To enter the faculty classification data, do the following:
- On the Admin section of the navigation menu, click Administration > Input Classifications (in the Input Faculty Classifications section).
- Specify the settings for Section 1 - Unit:
- Unit: Filter the faculty list to only display faculty in the selected Unit.
- Assigned to Unit As: Displays faculty members who are assigned to the selected unit as their primary unit, secondary unit, or both.
- Specify the settings forSection 2 - Input Form:
- Select the Faculty Classification Input form. Refer to Create an Input form for instructions on creating this form.
- Specify the settings for Section 3 - Start Semester:
- Classifications to begin Term and Year: Specify the term and year. The faculty classification will be changed for this and every term forward.
Caution: Verify the Term and Year are correct since any existing data will be overwritten, based on the term specified.
- Specify the settings for Section 4 - Faculty:
- Status: Filter the faculty selection based on employment status (i.e. Full Time, Part Time, Staff, etc.).
- Select the faculty, then click the double arrow to move them to the Selected Faculty list. Note: Use the Shift key to select contiguous entries and the CTRL key to select non-contiguous entries.
- Specify the settings for Section5 Input Option:
- Multiple: Allows multiple faculty to be updated at once. Sample view using the Multiple input option:
- Individual: Allows one faculty member to be updated at a time. This option must be specified to review activity. This option can be used if faculty activities will determine the classification selected. Sample view using the Individual input option:
- To expand the size of any input boxes defined as text-entry, click Expand Input Boxes.