March 2018 - Updates to the Interfolio Review, Promotion, and Tenure Interface
This article will highlight only some of the significant changes or functional differences within the Review, Promotion & Tenure Interface.
Click the relevant heading to jump to the desired section:
The New Dossier Experience
- The New Login Experience for Dossier Institution Users
- The New Dossier Interface
- The New Dossier Navigation bar
The New Review, Promotion, and Tenure Experience
The New Login Experience for Dossier Institution Users or Users with More than One Institutional Account.
After logging in, users with two or more accounts associated with their email address will be prompted to choose a homepage.
The homepage options are:
- The Institutional Homepage - Where Institutional users can access institutional processes through Interfolio, such as hiring for positions, review/promotion cases, or faculty activity reporting. If users are part of more than one, than more than one institution will display.
- The Personal Interfolio Dossier Homepage - Where Faculty users can upload, organize, and manage their materials in a personal account.
After choosing an option, this pane will appear at the top of the page to save the selection.
To update at a later date, simply navigate to the User Menu in the top right corner, and then to the Account Settings option.
The New Dossier Interface
To learn more about everything that you can do in Interfolio Dossier, take a look at our relevant help articles:
Below is an example of the new Dossier interface that will be available for all Dossier users when the release occurs.
The New Dossier Homepage
The New "Dossier Highlights"
- At the bottom of a user's Dossier Homepage, there is one featured Interfolio controlled help article and three featured blog posts on Interfolio related content for quick and easy reference.
The User Menu
- Available in the top right corner, select the button with the user's name.
- Access our Interfolio help site located here at product-help.interfolio.com.
- Access your personal Dossier settings and update your basic information.
Switch to Institutional Account Homepage
- Easily switch to and from your institutional homepage and your personal Dossier.
- Sign out of all Interfolio products
The Interfolio Card
- An account card tied directly to your Interfolio account information (located in the Account Settings), that displays a summary of information along with how many documents/applications/materials you have stored within Interfolio.
The New User Menu
Logging in With Personal Credentials
Users with an SSO enabled account can authenticate using their own credentials, as set on their own personal Interfolio account of the same email address.
When said user selects an institutional account that requires SSO authentication, they see a message on the account selection screen showing that they will be redirected to SSO.
Then they click “Continue” button, and are taken to the SSO authentication page for the account they selected, after being able to log in, they can access institutional specific data.
The New Navigation Bar
- Navigate back to your Dossier Homepage
- All current and past, deliveries and applications, both inside and outside of Interfolio, are available from the Deliveries link in the sidebar.
- All letters of recommendation within your Dossier will be available in the Letters link. Whether you are a letter writer or an applicant, all letters will be available there for update or use.Confidential letters are always uploaded by the letter writer, and never viewable to the applicant.
- Materials that have been uploaded as part of a candidate packet, Faculty Search applications, or imported from Faculty180 will be available in the materials section of your personal dossier. Packet guidelines for RPT candidates will display on this page.
- Materials within your personal dossier can be put into groups called 'collections'. These collections can be used in deliveries or other applications to allow you to create different packs of materials depending on the relevant use.
Shared with Me
- If a user has Dossier Deliver or Dossier Institution, they can share documents with other Interfolio users, you can find all of them easily with the 'Shared with Me' tab.
The New Institutional Homepage
Below is an example of the new institutional interface for Interfolio that will be available soon, for all users of the following Interfolio Products:
- Faculty Search
- Review, Promotion, & Tenure
- Faculty Activity Reporting (Faculty180)
The action items in the center of the page will contain updates for every Institutional product, reducing the amount of spots to look for updates or notifications within Interfolio.
Users can use the User Menu in the top right corner, with their name displayed, to switch to their personal Dossier, to manage their personal Interfolio account settings, to access Interfolio help content, to logout, and more depending on a individual's permissions.
Example of a Review, Promotion, and Tenure and Faculty Search Notifications
Interfolio User Menu and Switching to your Account Perspective
In the Interfolio User Menu, in the top right corner containing the user's name, there are the following options:
Institution Branding Settings
- Customize and configure the color and logo for your Interfolio institutional homepage
Switch Accounts to...
- Switch to your personal Interfolio Dossier account
- Switch to your institutional homepage to access Review, Promotion & Tenure, Faculty Search, or Faculty Activity Reporting (Faculty180)
- Interfolio Dossier
- Access your personal Interfolio account settings and basic information that is not affiliated with your institutional information.
- Access our help resources at product-help.interfolio.com
- Sign out of all Interfolio products
The New Branding Page
No matter what of Interfolio product your institution uses, you can customize the look and logo of your product with the branding tool available in the User Menu. The option will only be displayed to users with the proper privileges. Faculty180 institutions will have a link in the old branding location that leads to this new page, and also can relabel the name of the product.
Other Updated and Changes in Review, Promotion, & Tenure
Candidates New Packet Page
From the institutional navigation bar, a Faculty member can access a list of the packets they’ve submitted or are currently working on so they can reference for future reviews. Users at an enterprise institution will see a link to "Your Packets." Candidates will see this nav item when they are notified of their first packet
The New Case Materials Page
The new case materials page has condensed many buttons down to fit within the Case Options menu. This way users (administrators and fewer options for committee managers) will always know where to go when they want to take a specific action on this page.
Selecting the Case Options button reveals a number of other options available for administrators:
Case Options Action menu for Committee Managers will contain the following options
- Email candidate
- Add Case Section
The Updated Case List
The case list page used to feature the View Template List and Add Template, now these options are available on the Templates page via the navigation bar on the left-hand side.
The Updated Templates Page
The updated Templates Page now is more accessible for those users who regularly work with and create reviews from templates. This page will centralize all template work in one spot with clear and actionable options.