Faculty Search Release Notes - 05/08/2018
Document Viewer: Text Stored in PDF Documents are now Searchable from Within the Document Viewer
If a PDF has text meta-data stored within the PDF file, then that text is now searchable from the document viewer.
Click here for more information.
Positions Page now has "Sticky Filters"
Faculty Search users can filter their list of positions and then view an individual position, when they return to the Positions page they see the same filtered list while they are in the same session.
A more detailed list of relevant changes:
- User can select filters for Positions list with the green Filter button on the Positions page
- Keyword search, filter selections, and sorting are still there, and when any of them are selected the well is expanded on page load
- User can open new filter accordion via filter button: when the well is expanded, an outlined "clear filter" button should show up next to it.
- Clicking “Clear Filter” collapses the well, resets filters, and removes the "Clear Filter" button.
How long will sticky filters last?
- Filters persist when user navigates away from the Positions page and return within the same session
- Filters are cleared when user closes the window or clicks button to clear filters
- Filters will last the length of a browser tab session, which means they are only good for the current user in the current and will get cleared if:
- User closes tab
- User closes browser
- User opens new tab (filters will still be stored and work in original tab)
Positions Page: Update Positions List to Include EEO Interactions
Added ability for EEO officer to flag a position with a note due to EEO opportunities, applicants, or other information.
- Administrator with EEO permissions or an EEO officer on the Positions page can:
- Add EEO Flag
- Edit EEO Flag
- Remove EEO Flag
- Committee manager for a position on the Positions page can view EEO Flags for the position
- Admin / CM / EEO Officer now have EEO Notes column on Positions page
- Admin / CM / EEO Officer can view existing EEO notes via view modal opened by view button
- Admin (EEO) / EEO Officer can add new EEO notes via add modal opened by clicking add button
- Admin (EEO) / EEO Officer can edit or remove EEO notes that they own via view modal
A few changes to Positions Page
Position column now contains:
Convert statuses to regular text with the exception of "Interfolio statuses"
"Interfolio Statuses" are displayed as a badge
Rejected: Review & Resubmit
Position Being Created
Ready for Approval
Applicant Information Column
# of applications in the position
position open-close dates...
...if it has both open and close date- Open from: open_date- close_date
...if it only has an open date- Open from: open_date-
...if position is closed- Was open from: open_date- close_date
Reports Page: Performance Updates for Faculty Search
Improved performance of the Faculty Search reports page for clients with larger data sets.