View Faculty with the Faculty List
Lifecycle Management provides a filterable and sortable list of all faculty members with information, such as appointments, ranks, and current event statuses. The Faculty list gives users a useful and accurate overview of the state of faculty and faculty activities at your institution.
The ability to take action (in bulk, or individually) on this list transforms what used to be merely an informative spreadsheet into a self-contained engine that is more convenient, contains less room for error, and reduces the number of steps involved in administrative work around faculty advancement.
At the same time, we offer an in-depth view of each individual faculty member, pulling in data from multiple sources, the individual view shows administrators details about the current appointment, information from Human Resources, profile data and contract agreements.
Note: Your institution may have customized the labels mentioned in this article as part of the module configuration.
Administrators in the module can also view find and flag active and deactivated faculty.
See this article for more information on how to find, flag, & filter Deactivated Faculty from the Faculty list.
To view the Faculty List, click Faculty in the left hand navigation menu for Lifecycle Management.
The Filter functions help you narrow the list by unit and rank type, filter the list to display faculty involved in a particular type of current or upcoming event (milestone or review), and Active or Deactivated faculty.
See the section below on filtering the list for more in-depth instructions on Filtering the Faculty List.
The faculty table will display the member name, upcoming events (including the month and year), and the faculty member's current appointments. If the faculty member has uploaded a profile image this will appear as well (otherwise, the faculty member's initials will display).
Click to select one or more faculty members in the list.
Click Send Message to email selected faculty members.
Click Download CSV to download a CSV file listing selected faculty
Click the faculty member's name to access the in-depth view of each individual faculty member.
This view pulls in data from multiple sources, and displays details about the current appointment, information from Human Resources, profile data and contract agreements. In addition, the individual view provides administrators a full picture of that individual employee's past, current, and future advancement milestones, and all administrators with access to view the faculty member's record will see the same information, increasing clarity around review timelines.
- Click Send Email to email the faculty member
- View faculty member contact information
Appointment Information: We display the faculty member's appointment
- start date
- rank name
- employee type (tenure track, full time etc.).
Professional Journey: From here you can view and edit timeline events
- name of current timeline
- current rank
- timeline events: graphic representation of timeline events (milestones, reviews)
- Click to Add Event or Add Exception Event in the faculty member's journey
- Displays previous appointment information
To filter the list, click the Filter button.
Filter by Unit, Rank Type, and Current Event Type
A drawer will open on the screen with the filters you can sect nd apply:
- Select a Unit from the dropdown list to filter the list by organizational unit, such as a college or department.
- Select a rank from the dropdown list to limit the list to faculty members of a particular rank. Note that the list will be limited by rank type, the standard ranks we support in Lifecycle Management more information on rank type vs. rank name.
Filter by Current Event Type, Upcoming Events, and Active or Deactivated Status
- Select an event type from the dropdown list to view faculty members who are currently involved in a particular type of event. For example, if you select Sabbatical as the event type, only those users who are currently under a Sabbatical review (or on Sabbatical) will appear.
- Set date range to filter for upcoming events
- Select status to filter by active or deactivated status of faculty