Tenure Clock Management
Administrators in Lifecycle Management can create special events that can be set to alter the expected timeline of a faculty member's "tenure clock" for a variety of reasons such as an extended leave or at the request of faculty. Lifecycle Management administrators can update the start and end dates within a faculty profile in one action to account for when a faculty member's tenure clock has been stopped or accelerated. When users adjust event dates for a faculty record they are required to log the reason for the adjustment, allowing institutions to track reasons for individual tenure clock adjustments.
The following article explains how to use our tenure clock management features.
1. Open the Faculty list in Lifecycle Management
2. Select the faculty member by clicking their name in the list of faculty
3. Click the Timeline Options button for the particular track or journey you want to edit
4. Select "Add Exception Event"
5. Select the Rank from the dropdown menu on the Add Exception Event screen
This Rank field only appears if the faculty member has multiple ranks. Otherwise the first field will be Event Name.
6. Add the Event Name, select the Event Type from the dropdown, indicate the Start Date, End Date and the Reason for the event
7. Indicate if you want to change the timeline, the type of change and length of change
Users will need to check Yes or No, to the question "Do you want to change the timeline?" If you select Yes, you will need to select whether to Extend Timeline or Accelerate Timeline, and indicate the Duration (length) of the change and select if that number is Months or Years.
8. Preview Impacted Events
Click Preview Impacted Events to see a list of upcoming events that will be impacted by the change you are making.
9. Add Additional Information Notes and Files
Add notes about the event you are creating. Once the event is created and saved, you can attach files with information concerning the event.