Q: Can two series have identical names?
A: No, each series must have a unique name.
Q: Is there a way to get a list of CV links to Faculty180 for use in Lifecycle Management?
A: No, not at this time, we suggest the following workarounds:
- Faculty can provide the link to the CV they want shown to administrators.
- Support account users in Faculty180 can then go in and create the link and provide it for Lifecycle Management.
On the Faculty Message log, what does it mean when it says "The recipient has unsubscribed"? What have they unsubscribed from and how does it get fixed? Can the IA fix it or do they have to email Scholar Services?
A: This happens when the recipient selects the option to unsubscribe in our emails. Selecting this option unsubscribes them from all Interfolio-generated email. This would have to be managed in the same manner as if this happened in our other modules.
Q: Is there any way to set faculty data such as CV, avatar, and other information through the Lifecycle Management interface?
A: Not at this time.
Q: Is there a way to manually add a faculty member (for example; a single mid-year hire)?
A: Right now, there are three ways to add a faculty record:
- CSV import
- Public APIs
- Faculty Search to Lifecycle Management integration
Q: Does the information here get updated by a new faculty load?
A: Yes, the profile and appointment records can be updated via CSV upload. This can also be accomplished via public APIs.
If an update needs to be made to individual elements, ALL existing elements should be included with the file upload.
For example: If a faculty member's profile currently includes an avatar link, and the new faculty file (with an updated office location, for example) does not include the avatar link, the existing link will be removed from the faculty profile.
Q: Will the new upload changes key fields (such as email)?
A: At this time, email address is the key identifier for appointment and profile records and thus cannot be updated.
Q: Does the faculty file create a record for the user in super? (And is that connected to any other super records with that email address?)
A: When a faculty record is created, we will search for an existing user within that tenant (across all modules) via email address. If a match is found, we tie that record to the user. If no match is found in the tenant, we create an account in our system for the user.
Can the files update the existing series/journeys/ranks/events and the information in them? (WHAT FILES?)
A: Not at this time.
Editing series, ranks, rank events, journeys, and workloads:
Q: Can users delete series, ranks, rank events, journeys, and workloads?
- Events: Users can delete rank events.
- Ranks: Users can delete a rank after all associated rank events are deleted AND the rank is removed from any existing professional journeys.
- Series: Users can delete a series after all associated ranks and journeys are deleted.
- Journeys: Users can delete a professional journey once all ranks have been removed from that journey.
- Workloads: Users can delete a workload.
Q: What happens if I edit or delete a series, rank, rank event, journey, or workload associated with a faculty member?
- Ranks have to be deleted before deleting a series. (WAITNG TESTING)
- If you edit a series, the new series name will show up in the appointment slider on the right
- Deleting: (WAITING TESTING)
- If you edit a rank:
- Rank name updates are applied to existing faculty with that rank.
- Workload changes are not applied automatically to a faculty member, that must be done via appointment upload
- If you delete a rank event:
- The event appears to maintain on faculty that had that event loaded. Users are able to interact with (edit) the event on the faculty profile.
- No future appointment loads will be able to include that event.
- If you edit a rank event: (WAITING TESTING)
- If you delete a professional journey:
- The journey appears to maintain on faculty that had that event loaded.
- No future appointment loads will be able to include that journey.
- If you edit a professional journey:
- The original journey appears to maintain on faculty that already had them loaded.
- If you delete a workload: (WAITING TESTING)
- If you edit a workload:
- The new workload name will show up in the appointment slider on the right
About Rank Events:
What makes an event "current" and green? What is the time frame for "current"?
A: A user needs to manually start the event in order for it to be current. At this time, the program does not auto-start events.
What does marking an event as "In Progress" mean?
A: There is no specific flag in Lifecycle Management related to marking an event as in progress. An event is considered in progress when the event is started or made current. There is an outcome field within the event that is seen on the timeline. I've seen the demo environments use that field to store the "In Progress" label.
Are "Current" and "In Progress" related to each other?
A: There is no specific flag in Lifecycle Management related to marking an event as "in progress." An event is considered in progress when the event is started or made current.
Is there a way to mark current and/or in progress in bulk?
A: At this time, this is only possible via public APIs.
The RPT integration column in the Rank Events file defaults to FALSE right now. Can this be updated via a file load in the future, or will all events created now have to be manually updated with the integration?
A: At this time events cannot be updated via the import, but we expect to have that functionality when we release the integration of Lifecycle Management with RPT expected in 2021.
When will the RPT integration with Lifecycle Management be released?
A: This is still to be determined. It is expected sometime in 2021, but unfortunately, we cannot be more specific than that at this time.