Manage Case Access/Bulk Recusal
We provide an efficient way to update case permissions for many users at once (sometimes thought of as bulk recusal). Instead of everyone who is a Unit Administrator being able to see any case regardless of the step, unless individually recused, case access is governed by the levels of the institutional hierarchy. The goal of this new approach is to largely eliminate the need to individually recuse Unit Administrators from specific steps.
Edit level access for an existing step to update case access permissions
1. Navigate to Edit step under Templates
Navigation: Templates > Desired Case > Case Review Steps > Edit
- Click Templates under Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) on the navigation menu.
- Click the Name of the desired template to edit.
- Click Case Review Steps under Creating a Template.
- Click the Edit button adjacent to the desired step to make changes to.
2. Manage access
- Click Manage Academic Levels under Academic Level.
- Make desired changes.
- On this page, Academic Levels can be set and Unit Administrator and Case Manager access to the case can be recused or un-recused
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save when finished.
Why is a Case at my Unit Not Appearing on my Cases page?
If you are an administrator or case manager
This could be due to two reasons:
- Your academic level does not have access to the case at the current step
- You've been recused from the case at the current step.
If this was unintentional, reach out to an administrator or case manager who does have access to the case and have them follow the steps to manage the academic levels levels within a case review step.
If you are a committee member/manager
You will only have access to the case when it reaches the step that you've been assigned to. The previous step will need to complete their review and send the case to your committee before you will see it appear on your cases page. Once the case is moved forward to the next step, you will lose access to it unless you are also assigned at the following step of the workflow.