Dossier Quick Start Guide
Welcome! Interfolio's Dossier service offers tools to help scholars manage their career and apply to academic opportunities.
With Dossier, you can request and store confidential letters of recommendation and upload and manage the materials you will need throughout your academic career.
From applying to schools, to applying for tenure reviews, we can help you collect, organize, and send out evidence of your academic excellence!
Follow the instructions below to get up and running quickly.
1. Click "Manage Dossier" on your account dashboard to get started
2. Add files such as your C.V. or cover letters to your Dossier materials
You can upload files from your computer, link to YouTube and Vimeo videos, or include links to webpages in your Dossier materials.
3. Request confidential letters of recommendation from directly within Dossier
We will send a request for a confidential recommendation to your letter writer. When your letters come in, they will be stored with your Dossier materials, and you can send them where they need to go, all while maintaining complete confidentiality.
See here for more information on requesting letters of recommendation using your Interfolio account.
4. Create collections of your materials to organize or make them easier to find
Once you have assembled your materials, you can create collections of related materials to organize your Dossier. You can use collections to gather materials for any specific purpose, such as a collection of materials for a job application, or collections to be used for particular types of positions such as fellowships etc.
See here for more information on creating collections.
5. Click "New Application" to send out your materials when applying for jobs or other academic opportunities
6. Choose to send your materials by mail, email, or upload materials to an online application system
See here for more information on sending application materials.
7. -Or- enter search terms to search for and apply to positions listed through our ByCommittee service
8. Search for more academic opportunities
When searching for opportunities listed through us, you can also opt to trigger a search for your terms on Inside Higher Ed, HigherEd Jobs, and HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium).
See here for more information on using Interfolio to search for employment and fellowship Opportunities.
9. When you find an opportunity that interests you, either through ByCommittee, or on another listing service, use the materials in your Dossier to apply!
You may also want to check out our detailed guides on some of the most frequently used features of Dossier: