Dossier Quick Start Guide For Applicants
Welcome! Interfolio's Dossier offers tools to help scholars manage their career and apply to academic opportunities. From applying to schools, to applying for tenure reviews, we can help you collect, organize, and send out evidence of your academic excellence!
With Dossier, you can request and store confidential letters of recommendation and upload and manage the materials you will need throughout your academic career. Your Dossier account never expires, and your uploaded materials will always be available to you at anytime.
With a $48 annual subscription to Dossier Deliver, you can send your materials when applying for jobs, fellowships, and other academic opportunities. An annual subscription includes 50 deliveries by email, mail, or confidential letter uploads to online application systems.
Applying to Interfolio-hosted positions is free, and these deliveries do not count against your 50 annual deliveries.
Follow the instructions below to get up and running quickly.
1. Click "Materials" on your account dashboard to get started
2. Add files such as your C.V. or cover letters to your Dossier materials
You can upload files from your computer, link to YouTube and Vimeo videos, or include links to webpages in your Dossier materials.
3. Request confidential letters of recommendation from directly within Dossier
We will send a request for a confidential recommendation to your letter writer. When your letters come in, they will be stored with your Dossier materials, and you can send them where they need to go, all while maintaining complete confidentiality.
Simply click "Request Recommendation" in the upper right corner of your "My Materials" page, and you will be walked through the process. See here for more information on requesting letters of recommendation using your Interfolio account.
4. Manage your letter requests
Click "Letters" in the upper right navigation bar to open the "Letters" section of your account
Here you can view details about your requested letters, check the status of your request, and re-send requests. You can also view letters you have been asked to write by other Interfolio users.
See here for more on how to build and manage your Dossier.
5. Create collections of your materials to organize or make them easier to find
Once you have assembled your materials, you can create collections of related materials to organize your Dossier. You can use collections to gather materials for any specific purpose, such as a collection of materials for a job application, or collections to be used for particular types of positions such as fellowships etc.
See here for more information on adding collections.
6. Share materials via your Dossier with Interfolio's Feedback and Sharing feature
Click on the link below for instructions on how to share and receive feedback on your Dossier materials:
7. Click "New Delivery" to send out your materials when applying for jobs or other academic opportunities
8. Choose to send your materials by mail, email, or upload materials to an online application system
See here for more information on sending application materials.
-Or- enter search terms to search for and apply to positions hosted by Interfolio
See here for more information on using Interfolio to search for employment and fellowship Opportunities.
When searching for opportunities listed through us, you can also opt to trigger a search for your terms on Inside Higher Ed, HigherEd Jobs, and HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium).
9. When you find an opportunity that interests you, either an Interfolio-hosted position, or a position listed on another listing service, use the materials in your Dossier to apply!
You may also want to check out our detailed guides on some of the most frequently used features of Dossier: