Use Guidelines and Collections to Prepare for Reviews
An institution may post guidelines in Dossier to guide users in assembling materials for particular review processes, such as annual performance reviews, promotion reviews, and more. Search for and save these guidelines to reference them as a checklist when preparing for future reviews. When preparing for a review using the guidelines feature, collections of materials that meet the requirements of the review can be automatically assembled. When the time comes, the materials can be easily transferred over to the official review packet. This article explains how to start using guidelines to prepare for upcoming reviews.
Guidelines are only available to users whose institution subscribes to the feature.
Prepare for Review
1. Navigate to Guidelines under Materials
- Click Materials on the navigation menu.
- Click the Guidelines button in the upper right-hand corner.
The Guidelines button will only display if the feature is available at the institution. If it does not display, it is not available.
2. Choose Guidelines
- Select a Unit using the dropdown under the Search for Guidelines section.
- Click the Name of the guideline to preview it.
- Click Return to Guidelines at the top of the page when done previewing the guidelines.
- Click Save adjacent to the desired guideline to designate those guidelines to appear at the top of the Guidelines page.
3. Prepare for this Review
- Scroll back up to the top and click Prepare for this Review adjacent to the Saved Guideline.
- Enter the Collection Name.
- Click Continue when finished.
Once the collection is created, materials can be added while viewing guidelines for the review.
4. Add Materials
Click View Instructions, if the button appears to the right of the page, to view instructions for review candidates.
- Click Add Materials to add materials to the collection to meet the guidelines displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Select the checkboxes adjacent to the desired materials to add.
Note that existing files, new files, and files from collections can be added by selecting the tabs.
- Click Add when finished.
5. Add Tags
It is recommended to add tags with the name of the guideline requirement they satisfy to each of the uploaded materials.
- Click the Tag icon (plus sign).
- Select the Name of the tag from the dropdown or select Add new tag to create a new tag.
When the review starts and it is time t to add materials, open this collection and filter by tag to find the materials for each requirement. Collections created based on guidelines will appear listed on the Collections page on the navigation bar.