Configure Faculty Classification Report
The Faculty Classification Report provides reporting on faculty members organized by classification rank, tenure status, and other faculty classifications. Faculty Classifications can also be updated via the Faculty Classification Report.
Note that the faculty classification will be updated beginning with the semester specified. For example, updating a faculty classification for Spring 2020 semester will update the faculty classification for Spring 2020 and every semester forward.
In order to be reported via the Faculty Classification Report, the faculty classification must be created as follows under the Display Type and Report Filtering section:
- The Display type must either be Dropdown Select Box or Multiple-Item Select Box.
- The option Show as a filter in reports must be set to Yes.
The Faculty Classification Report can be run to provide answers to such questions as:
- How many Tenured faculty members are there in the College of Business for Spring 2016? Then, drill down to view the list of tenured faculty.
- How many faculty members in the College of Business have an AACSB: Faculty Sufficiency value of Participating? Then, drill down to view the list of faculty.
Faculty Classification Report
Report Access is based upon a user's permissions. For example, a provost might have permission to access all reports at the university level and below, while deans might only have access to reports for their colleges.
1. Navigate to Courses Taught Report under Reports
Navigation: Administration > Reports > Faculty Classifications
- Navigate to Reports under the Administration section of the navigation menu.
- Click Faculty Classifications under the Administrative Reports section.
2. Fill out information
- Fill out information in each section.
|Unit||The unit defaults to the highest unit level of access granted to a user's account. Click Change to select a different unit.|
Select the appropriate Faculty Classification.
Note that only faculty classifications with a display type of either Dropdown Select Box or Multiple-item Select Box AND which have selected Yes to the option Show as a filter in the report are available in the Faculty Classification selection list.
|Semester||Select the academic semester for the data to be reported.|
|Display Mode||Select the appropriate option regarding the data display. For example Count Only, Rows - %Total of Rows, Columns - %Total of Columns, %Total of Grand Total).|
|Select Faculty||Click the Select Faculty button to use the faculty selection tool to select faculty to include in the report.|
ii. Click Build Report when finished.
iii. Click on a hyperlink to drill down to the details.
3. Filter reports
- Select the Begin and End semesters to view the Faculty Classification over a period of time.
- Click Refresh Report when finished. The report refreshes and displays the faculty classification over the time period selected.
1. Choose the desired faculty to update
- Click the hyperlinked number adjacent to the desired activity.
- Click the hyperlinked employment status (or another column status) adjacent to the desired faculty member to update.
- It is important to select the hyperlink that corresponds with the appropriate semester in which the data should be updated.
- The faculty classification will be updated beginning with the semester specified. For example, selecting the Fall 2020 Full-Time link for a faculty member will update the data for Fall 2020 and every semester forward.
2. Change the classification
- Select the appropriate faculty classification from the dropdown.
- Click Submit when finished.
Sort by column
Click the column heading to sort the data in the report by a particular column.
Click the Actions button at the top of the page to view a dropdown of actions. Click the desired action to Print Page, Export to Word, Export to Excel, or Export to PDF.
Note that sorting the data applies only to the display. The sort will not be reflected in the export options. If a different sort order is desired, the data should be exported to Excel, where the sort order can then be modified.
- Click the Quicklinks button at the top of the page to view a dropdown.
- Click Add This Page as a Quicklink.