Merge Interfolio Accounts
It is possible to end up with multiple Interfolio accounts whether it is from working at an institution, applying to various positions, or being a letter writer. This tool has been designed to let users self-merge their multiple accounts. This article will review how to merge duplicate accounts.
Please keep the following in mind when merging accounts:
- Merging is a permanent process
- Only users can merge their own accounts.
- Only users can access their personal dossier data, institutions cannot view this information.
- When merging two Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR, Faculty180) accounts, there is a waiting period.
- If an error occurs that prevents merging, a ticket will automatically be created for review by an engineer to be resolved.
- Click Account Settings from the dropdown in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Email & Communications on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click the Merge Accounts button under the Email section.
- Type in the credentials for the account desired to merge.
- Check the boxes under Before merging, please check the boxes below to acknowledge the following after carefully reading each one.
- Click Merge Accounts when finished. The merge is now complete.
Note that if one account is a FAR account, there will be a waiting period before the merge is complete.
If not done so already, please request a complete user list from Interfolio, via the Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to your user list and the Account Merge Template to follow the steps below.
- Review the user list for duplicate users. A duplicate user is often identified by the same email address appearing more than once, or a vanity email for the same user (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Copy and paste duplicate users to the Merge List tab on the Account Merge Template with the required information. Required information includes the PID, First Name, Last Name, Email, and the product(s) to which the user is subscribed.
Make sure each user appears on one row, with the information for the account to keep listed in the Primary User Account section. Space is provided for up to three duplicate accounts. The institution may not need that many, or the columns will need to be copied and additional lists created.
For clients that are completing this merge work in preparation for adding a User ID (UID) value to user accounts, please be sure that the UID value is supplied for the Primary User Account in the UID list.
- Email this spreadsheet to Interfolio at email@example.com and request the account merges be completed. The number of merges will determine how long it takes Interfolio to complete this work as it is a manual process.
Interfolio will merge all accounts into the Primary User Account profile, so the only email and PID that will remain in both the master user list and in the modules will be the one listed under the Primary User Account section.
There is no data lost during an account merge (for the user or for the institution), but it can momentarily disrupt access to the module based on how the user has been logging in.