Best Practices for Naming Packet Materials
Make sure to give the files in packet a meaningful title because reviewers will see the titles provided as bookmarks to the left of the page when reviewing the documents. By default, the name that will appear to reviewers is the name of the file given when it was uploaded, but the title of a file can be edited after adding it to the packet. In addition to bookmarking the titles of the materials in the packet, the Interfolio program will automatically bookmark the bolded headings, sections, and subsections within the documents uploaded. Reviewers will see these bookmarks nested beneath the document title, allowing to draw attention to points in longer documents.
How to Name Packet
Select the tabs below to view more information on how to name a packet during different steps of the file upload process.
Before uploading the file, navigate to the document browser on the computer and give the file an appropriate name desired for reviewers to see. Afterwards, the file can be uploaded and it will appear with that title name within Interfolio.
After the file is uploaded, edit the title by following these steps:
- Click Materials on the navigation bar.
- Click the Title Name of the desired document.
- Rename the Title within the provided field.
- Use bookmarks to organize the packet and draw attention to a section within a document. Remember, the title of the file as it appears in the packet will appear in bold. Any bookmarks in the file are automatically shown in bold and will appear as subsections in the table of contents of the packet.
- The preview shows exactly how the packet being submitted will appear to the committee.
When all the requirements in the packet are satisfied, it is a good idea to preview the packet to make sure all of the titles and bookmarks are displaying correctly.
- Documents can be dragged and dropped within the Packet tab.
- Move one or more fulfillments from one requirement to another
- Reorder fulfillments within the same requirement
- Cannot move or rearrange fulfillments in a locked requirement
Check out this article on how to Use Bookmarks for Packet Organization for more information on how to preview packets.