About Committee Forms
Unit Administrators in Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) can create, edit, and manage committee forms made up of questions to be completed by members of a committee. This feature allows Unit Administrators to require, collect, and report on the results of responses to fixed questions from individual reviewers and committee members, just as if the respondent had filled out a paper form. As with candidate forms, these new committee forms and their responses become part of the case as it proceeds, allowing reviewers later in the process to take the thoughts of earlier reviewers into consideration (depending on settings for viewing responses).
- A committee form is parallel to the committee document requirement option that already exists, except instead of the committee manager uploading a file, RPT Unit Administrators can require every committee member (on that committee, at that step) to fill out an online form.
- Committee forms are managed at a unit level and are accessed from the Administration section of RPT. RPT Unit Administrators can assign committee forms as a committee-facing requirement to templates and/or single cases.
- Committee Members and Committee Managers can fill out and submit (or resubmit if necessary) committee forms as part of their work on a case. When a form is assigned to a case, one or more reviewers may be required to supply separate answers to specific questions about a candidate as a requirement at a given case step. While forms may be required, it is also possible to omit a form for individual committee members to prevent cases from getting unnecessarily held up.
- Committee forms in RPT include new question types that are not currently available when creating candidate forms or case data forms. The following new question types will allow for a more in-depth evaluation of Candidates:
- Date Questions
- Number Questions
- Drop Down Questions
- Rating Questions
About Committee Forms
Different types of forms
|Committee||These allow a Unit Administrator to present Committee Managers, Committee Members, and individual reviewers with an online form to fill out when a case is at their step in the workflow.|
|Candidate||While committee forms and case data forms are completed by the institution, these are presented to the candidate to fill out as part of their case.|
|Case Data||These allow a Unit Administrator to fill out an online form that is attached to a case but is outside of that case's workflow. For any given case, only someone who is a Unit Administrator or Case Manager for that case can access the contents of a case data form.|
|Committee Manager & Member||
Rules for Editing
When a user edits a form or form question that already has recorded responses, they will see an alert that people have responded to the form previously. Any changes should not override previously completed forms, it should only affect new instances of the form.
Unit Administrators, Case Managers, and Committee Managers will have specific access, both to a form and its responses. For a given case, only Committee Members (including Managers) and Unit Administrators will have access to filling out a form associated with the case.
Unit Administrators set who can fill out and submit a committee form when assigning that form to a committee or reviewer via a field called Who fills out the form. There are two available options, Only Committee Manager(s) or All Committee Members.
Role access to committee form responses is based on the "response visibility" setting, which is set when assigning a form as a committee requirement. The available responses visibility options are:
- Administrators only
- Administrators & Committee Managers
- Administrators & Entire Committee
Can questions be edited after saving?
Yes, unlike Candidate forms and Case Data forms, Committee Form questions are editable. Once a question has been created it may be revised.
Can a Unit Administrator, Case Manager, or Committee Manager complete a form on behalf of a committee member?
No. The form must be completed by the person it was assigned to.
What happens to committee form responses when a case is moved backward?
As with documents, when a case is moved backwards the completed forms should be present in the case but respect the visibility settings that were selected at the applicable step.
Do numerical question types allow for decimal responses?
Yes, responses with decimals are permitted.
How do you assign a form to specific Committee Managers/members without assigning it to everyone with that role?
Assign the form to the Committee Managers or Committee Members, then omit the requirement for other individuals from Manage Respondents.
Are there character limits for question responses?
Yes. The chart below indicates the character limits for responses:
|Question Type||Response Character Limit|
|Short Answer||300 characters|
|“Other” (checkboxes, single select, dropdown||300 characters|
|Date Questions||N/A: Should be in date/time format|
|Comments (rating)||10,000 characters|