Configure Account Access
Faculty can now select other Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR, Faculty180) users to be a proxy (delegate) user on their account, allowing proxy users to access the CV information and reports for the faculty accounts they are assigned to.
A proxy is similar to emulating another FAR user, but with the following limitations:
- A proxy user does not have access to the Administration section tab or administrator functions, even if the faculty member for the account they are assigned to has this access.
- A proxy user does not have access to the evaluations functionality and cannot access dashboard entries related to evaluations.
- Proxy access expires on a date selected by the faculty member.
The Access Settings feature must be activated for the institution by Interfolio. To activate this feature, please submit a support ticket.
Assign a proxy user to faculty account
1. Navigate to the Account Access page under Account Settings
- Click Access Settings on the navigation menu.
- The account access page displays.
- Users Granted Access to My Account section displays faculty members who are currently a proxy user on your faculty account.
- Accounts I Can Access section displays faculty accounts that you have proxy access to.
2. Assign account access to desired faculty members
- Click Add under the Users Granted Access to My Account section.
- Click the Select Faculty button to select the faculty member(s) desired to assign proxy access to. All active faculty accounts are available.
- Select which rights to give the faculty members.
- Click the Emulate box to give the faculty member access to the account and the ability to proxy in.
- Click the My Evaluations box to give the faculty member access to view and complete evaluations within this account.
- Enter the Expiration Date for the proxy access.
- Enter any notes, if desired.
- Click Save when finished.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the desired faculty member to make changes to a user's proxy access.
- Click the Delete icon ("X") to remove a user's proxy access.