Provide a Requested Evaluation For External Evaluators
All requests for evaluations are managed by a Unit Administrator or Case Manager at the institution conducting the search. This individual will send an invitation to submit an evaluation via email. The email will include a due date for submission of the evaluation, the email address of the individual who sent the request, for questions to be direction to, and an optional personal note from the person or committee making the request. If asked to provide an evaluation for a candidate who is up for review at an institution that uses Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT), the request can be fulfilled by following the steps outlined in the article.
Video Guide for Providing an Evaluation
Respond to Request
If asked to provide an evaluation for a candidate, an email, as seen below, will be received.
Select the tabs below to view more information on how to accept or decline a letter of request.
Accept Letter of Request
- Click View Request.
- Click I Accept to accept the evaluation request.
Selecting Accept will notify the requester, but will not show whether materials have been read or uploaded.
If accepting the request, a page with relevant documents, if any, will appear. These materials are provided by the institution to help guide the review.
- Click Read All Materials, if relevant documents are provided, to access the files included with the request within the Interfolio Document Viewer.
If the institution did not provide materials, this option will not be available.
- Click Download under Action to download the shared files.
- Click Add File under the Confidential Evaluation section when ready to submit evaluation,
- Click Browse To Upload to locate the file containing the evaluation.
- Click Add when finished.
- Click Submit when ready to submit evaluation.
Adding Additional Files
If enabled in the program by the person requesting the evaluation, up to 10 additional files can be added to support the evaluation.
Click Add under the Additional Evaluation section to add additional files.
Once an evaluation and/or additional files have been added, the evaluator can download the evaluation and additional files.
Note that Unit Administrators and Case Managers cannot decline or accept external evaluation requests on behalf of evaluators. Therefore, an external evaluator cannot formally accept or decline by emailing the institution directly.
Decline Letter of Request
- Click View Request.
- Click I Decline to decline the evaluation request.
- A page confirming choice to decline will appear.
- Click Message the Committee to send the committee a note explaining the reason for the decision made.
Note that Unit Administrators and Case Managers cannot decline or accept external evaluation requests on behalf of evaluators. Therefore, an external evaluator cannot formally accept decline by emailing the institution directly.
Note that by clicking on the View Request button sent through the email, it is possible to come back and change the decision made at this step. by clicking the link that says I've changed by mind…"