Create a List of Case Statuses for an Institution
Institutional Administrators can create, reorder, update and delete a set of color-coded statuses to be used by an institution. Statuses are created and managed from the Administration Settings page. Statuses can only be set at the highest level of an institutional hierarchy and once created they can be applied to any case created by the institution or any of its lower units (schools, departments, and more). Unit Administrators, Case Managers, and Committee Managers can apply and remove these statuses on the individual Case page of a candidate.
Note that statuses can also be created at a case level and applied to a particular case by Unit Administrators, Case Managers, or Committee Managers. However, such statuses are only available for the case in which they are created. Statuses are not available across an institution.
1. Navigate to Statuses under Administration
Navigation: Administration > Statuses
- Click Administration under Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) on the navigation menu.
- Click the Statuses tab on the left-hand side.
If someone has already added statuses to the program, they will appear here.
2a. Add a New Status
- Click the Add Status button.
- Enter the Name of the status desired to be created.
- Click the colored box under the Color section to select the color to be associated with the status.
- Click Done when finished.
- The new status will appear on the Application Settings page and now can be applied to cases.
2b. Edit a Status
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the desired status to be edited. The desired changes can be made here.
- Hover over a status and drag and drop to change the order in the list.
The order set here will show up in the dropdown list of statuses when a user goes to apply a status to a case.
Unit Administrators, Case Managers, or Committee Managers can apply these statuses to the Case page of a candidate.
1. Change status of desired case from the Homepage.
Navigation: Name > Change > Status
- Click the Name of the case to be changed under the My Tasks section on the Homepage.
- Click the Change link next to the current status at the top of the page under Status.
Note that if a status has already been applied to a case, the current status will appear.
- Select a Status from the dropdown list, or scroll to the bottom of the dropdown and click Add Custom Status to add a custom status.
The new status will appear on the upper right corner of the Case page. Statuses also display in the list of cases.