Assign Users to Units and Assign User Roles
This article explains how to add an existing user to a unit, remove a user from a unit, and assign a user to an Administrator role. When adding a new user to Interfolio RPT, Unit Administrators can assign them to a unit for organizational purposes, such as grouping users in their department. Once a user has been added to a unit they can be assigned an Administrator role, which allows them to edit cases in the unit to which they are assigned. Unit Administrators can grant any user role to a given user at any unit in the organizational hierarchy that is under their administration.
Assign Users to Units
1. Navigate to Edit desired user under Users & Groups
Navigation: Users & Groups > Edit
- Click Users & Groups under Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) on the navigation menu.
- Ensure the Users tab is selected at the top.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the desired user.
Note that the list of users can be searched for by name or sorted by name and email.
2. Add users
Add user to unit(s)
Select a unit from the dropdown under the Units & Roles tab.
- Click Add Unit when finished.
- Click the Add icon (addition) under the Role in Unit column to set the user's role as Administrator (Unit Administrator), Case Manager, or Template Administrator.
Check out this article on Case Manager and Template Administrator User Roles in RPT for more information
Add user to standing committee
From the Users & Groups Management page, a user can only be assigned to standing committees, however, once added, they will appear as available for ad-hoc committees created within their respective unit.
Select a committee from the dropdown under the Committees tab.
- Click Add Committee when finished.
- Click Change to set the user's role in the assigned committee as Evaluator or Manager.
Check out this article on Case Manager and Template Administrator User Roles for more information.