Managing Faculty Classifications - Send the Input Form via Communications
The content in this knowledge base is based upon the standard FACULTY180 environment. Your institution may have made changes to configure the FACULTY180 environment to meet your institution's needs; therefore, the screens in your FACULTY180 environment may differ slightly from the knowledge base. For more information, please contact your FACULTY180 administrator.
Send the Input Form via Communications
Once the input form is sent via the Communication option, there is no method to cancel the communication or to modify any of the options selected. To remove a communication sent in error, emulate the faculty member and delete the message from the "To Do" section.
The Start Term and End Term selected will determine where the data collected will be populated and stored in the database. Select these options carefully. It is possible to overwrite previously entered/collected data. If collecting data for a specific term/year, set the Start and End terms to the same term/year.
Example: Collecting data for Fall 2022 only:
Example: Collecting data beginning Fall 2021 and for every term forward.
To post a faculty classification form reminder message for selected faculty and administrators on the dashboard, do the following:
- On the Admin menu, click Communication > Faculty Classification Form.
- The Faculty Classification Form screen displays.
- Specify the settings for Section 1- Unit:
- Unit: Filter the faculty list to only display faculty in the selected Unit.
- Assigned to Unit As: Displays faculty members who are assigned to the selected unit as their primary unit, secondary unit, or both.
- Employment Status: Filter the faculty selection based on employment status (i.e. Full Time, Part Time, Staff, etc.).
- Administrators: Filter the faculty selection to only administrators.
- Start Semester: Specify the Start semester.
- End Semester: Specify the End semester.
- Select the Faculty Classification form. Only those faculty classification forms with the option to Allow input form to be sent to faculty via the Communication screen will be available for selection. (Refer to Create Input Form).
- Choose classifications for faculty input: Check the box to select the form to be sent to the faculty member. The Form Title can be changed.
- Specify the settings for Section 2 - Message:
- Enter a Message Expiration Date. The message will no longer display after this date.
- Also Send as Email: Select this checkbox to send the message as an email, in addition to appearing on the dashboard.
- Specify the settings for Section 3 - Faculty List:
- Select the faculty to receive the communication.
- Click the Send button.
- The selected faculty member(s) will now have a new Task on their Dashboard: