Approve Faculty Input Process
Once the Faculty Input Process has been initiated, faculty members can start updating their activities. In addition, system administrators can monitor faculty input participation and start approving faculty activities.
If the activity input for a faculty member is approved at one level but rejected at the next level, the review process has to start over from the beginning. The faculty member will receive an e-mail notification regarding the rejection, along with instructions on what the faculty member needs to do (such as update their activities) to have their faculty input approved. A notification message will also display in the To Do section on the dashboard.
Please note that Activity Input Forms are not lockable. Therefore, faculty members can continue to update their Activities page with information throughout the approval process, resulting in a changed Activity Input Form. As a result, those who are approving the Activity Input Form may see different activities depending on when they are viewing the form. Activity Input Forms are only locked after they are fully approved. Locked forms can be seen within Prior Activity Input Forms under Reports on the navigation bar.
Approve Activity Input Form
1. Navigate to View the List of Faculty Submission and Approval Process under under Approve Faculty Input
Navigation: Administration > Administration > Approve Faculty Input > View
- Navigate to Administration under the Administration section of the navigation menu.
- Click Approve Faculty Input under the Activity Input section.
- Click the View (eye) icon adjacent to the desired Input Form under the Actions column to view the approval process. A list of all faculty members included in the selected approval process displays.
2a. View and Approve Faculty Input Forms
- Click the View (eye) icon adjacent to the desired unit to view the faculty members that have completed/not completed the form at that unit.
- Select the View (eye) icon adjacent to the desired faculty member under the View and Approve column to view and approve that person's input form
2b. Email Faculty Members
Click the Email Faculty (envelope) icon to individually remind faculty members who have not completed their activity input form. Reminder messages can also be sent in bulk to faculty members from the Communications page.