Add Required Documents for a Committee to Complete in an Active Case
Unit Administrators and Case Managers can set up document requirements that require a committee or individual reviewer to submit (upload) one or more documents before a case can be moved forward to the next step in a workflow. This is useful if a committee or reviewer is expected to attach a formal letter, summary, recommendation, or other statement before the case can be moved forward. Committee document requirements are set when adding or editing case review steps of a case or a template. Document requirements can be set for each committee at an individual workflow step, and all required documents for all committees at a given step must be satisfied in order for the case to move forward. Once set up, committee document requirements will appear on the Case page, where a Committee Manager must upload a file to satisfy the requirement. Case review steps are created and edited when creating a template, or when creating or editing a case. These instructions are for adding committee document requirements when editing a case.
Check out this article on how to Satisfy a committee document requirement for more information.
Add Document Requirements
1. Navigate to Edit Case under Cases
Navigation: Cases > Name > Case Options > Edit Case
- Click Cases under Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) on the navigation menu.
- Click the Name of the desired case to edit.
- Select Edit Case from the Case Options dropdown menu.
2. Edit the desired Case Review Step
- Click Case Review Steps under the Creating a Case section on the right-hand side.
- Click Edit adjacent to the case review step that needs to be modified.
3. Add Required Document
- Click the Required Documents tab.
- Click Add Required Document.
- Enter a Name and Description for the document.
- Click Add when finished.
Multiple required documents can be added.
Once added, document requirements will appear on the Case Details tab of the case page. The number on the tab indicates the number of unsatisfied committee document requirements.
Do Committee Managers get notified of their missing requirements when there is a deadline for their review step?
No, committee managers do not receive notifications. Only Administrators and Case Managers will be notified if the institution sets the candidate deadlines to send notifications.