Close a Position and Select Applicant(s)
Committee Managers are able to close positions in Interfolio Faculty Search. Positions can be closed from the Applications page.
Please note that positions can only be deleted if there are no applications tied to them.
Check out this article on how to Reopen a Closed Position for more information.
Close a Position
1. Navigate to Close Position under Positions
Navigation: Positions > Name
- Click Positions under Faculty Search on the navigation bar.
- Click the Name of the desired position to edit.
- Click Close Position from the Position Actions dropdown at the top of the screen.
2. Indicate whether or not an applicant was selected
- Click Yes or No under Was an applicant selected?
- If an applicant was selected:
1. Click the Add Applicant button under Select Applicant(s).
Note that more than one applicant can be selected to fill the position.
3. Click Close when finished.
- If an applicant was not selected, an optional Note can be left to document why no selection was made.
- Click Close Position at the bottom of the page when all applicants have been selected.
3. Select or add a position status
The position is now closed and applicants will no longer be able to apply to the position. However, the landing page will not be automatically unpublished.
An Administrator or Case Manager will need to unpublish the landing page of a closed position so that applicants will no longer be able to access the position. Once this is done, the position will no longer appear in the list of active positions but will appear in the list of closed (archived) positions, viewable by filtering the list of positions.