Make Notes on Materials and Export Annotations
Committee Members can add annotations to individual documents when viewing application materials in the viewer and can export the annotations they make in a PDF file. Annotations are private, personal notes about an application, similar to attaching sticky notes, or marking up a document with comments. Such annotations come in handy as a Committee Member when reviewing a large number of applications and needing to remember thoughts about each applicant. Unlike comments, (which can be viewed by other Committee Members) these annotations are visible only to the Evaluator who created them. Annotations have their own tab in the viewer, making it easy to quickly view notes. Simply export the annotations to save the notes on an application.
Only in extreme cases (such as a lawsuit that demands the discovery of all private documents) are annotations discoverable.
Make Notes on Materials
1. Navigate to the desired applicant under Positions
Navigation: Positions > desired position > checkboxes
- Click Positions under Faculty Search on the navigation bar.
- Click the hyperlinked Name of the desired position.
- Select the checkboxes adjacent to the names of the desired applicants to tag.
Click Applicant Name at the top of the table to select all applicants.
2. Read desired applications
Click Read to load selected applications into the document viewer.
All selected applications will be loaded into the viewer to review one at a time.
3. Add/Export Annotations
Notes can be left on materials during the review process. The annotations made will appear on their own tab and can be exported.
Annotations are private and can only be viewed by whoever created the annotation.
Annotations are added from the lower right corner of the reader.
- Click the View (eye) icon to toggle on or off the display of annotations.
- Click the Note (pencil with square) icon to add an annotation on the currently displayed document.
- After clicking the Note (pencil with square) icon, select the type of annotation desired to create
- Make no selection to add a simple Sticky note to the document.
- Click Point to add a note with an arrow pointing to a particular point in the document.
- Click Area to add a note about a selected area.
- Click Text to add a note about the highlighted text.
- To edit a note added, simply click into the text field.
- Click into the text field of the note and then click the Delete (trash can) icon to delete a note.
- Click the Export (arrow with square) icon within the Annotations tab to generate a PDF of annotations that can be downloaded and printed.