Recuse an Administrator or Case Manager From a Case Review Step
Unit Administrators and Case Managers can recuse themselves or other Unit Administrators or Case Managers from one or more steps in a case workflow. Once recused, Unit Administrators and Case Managers will no longer see the case in their case list, and will be unable to access the case when it reaches a step from which they have been recused. The case will reappear in their case list when it moves backward or forward to a step where the Unit Administrator or Case manager again has access. This article reviewed how to recuse a Unit Administrator or Case Manager when editing a case.
When recusing a Unit Administrator or Case Manager, it will likely need to be done when creating or editing a case or template. Check out these articles for more information on how to Recuse an Administrator when creating a template or how to Recusing an Administrator when creating a case
Recuse Unit Administrator or Case Manager
1. Navigate to Edit Case under Cases
Navigation: Cases > Name > Case Options > Edit Case
- Click Cases under Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) on the navigation menu.
- Click the Name of the desired case to edit.
- Select Edit Case from the Case Options dropdown menu.
2. Edit the desired Case Review Step
- Click Case Review Steps under the Creating a Case section on the right-hand side.
- Click Edit adjacent to the case review step that needs to be modified.
3. Recuse Unit Administrator or Case Manager
- Click Manage Academic Levels under the Academic Level section.
Note that certain Unit Administrators or Case Managers who should not have access to cases built on the template at a particular workflow step may have already been recused during the process of creating the template.
- Click Recuse adjacent to the desired administrator or manager to remove access to that step.
The Unit Administrator or Case Manager will lose access to the case when it moves to this step and regain access when it moves to a case review step for which they are not recused.
If editing a standing committee, committee members can also be recused.
- Click Unrecuse adjacent to the desired administrator or manager to give access again.