How to: Upload a Letter to Academic Jobs Online
With an upgrade to a Dossier Deliver account, you can easily upload letters to Academic Jobs Online. To get started, make sure you have upgraded to Dossier Deliver, then follow the instructions for uploading letters to online application systems; Confidential Letters Upload. Once you've uploaded your materials, open a new browser window and follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the "References section of your Academic Jobs Online application
The References section is part of your Standard Coversheet. To get there, click "Portfolio" on the menu at the top right of your screen and select "References" from the dropdown menu.
2. Add each of your letter writers as references. Make sure you substitute your corresponding Interfolio document email address in the email address field
You can find more information on locating your document email address in our article on what to do If the application requires you to enter the recommender's email address.
3. Check the box labeled "Email Notify on Submit" for each of your entries
Do not check any of the boxes under the affiliation field, including “check here to indicate that this person will upload letters on behalf of my writers"
4. Once you've added an entry for each reference, submit the form so Academic Jobs Online can notify Interfolio
Verify the accuracy of your entries, then scroll to the bottom left of the page and click to Submit.
5. Once Interfolio receives a notification from Academic Jobs Online, a delivery is automatically created in your account
Open the Deliveries section of your Dossier account to verify that the delivery appears.
6. Once you check out and pay for your deliveries, Interfolio will upload them to your application in one to three business days
In a rush?
Email email@example.com after checking out your documents to alert us of your deadline, and we will do our best to have your documents uploaded in time!