Record the Results of a Committee Vote
The committee voting feature is a way for Unit Administrators, Case Managers, and Committee Managers to record the results of a committee vote. Votes are recorded from the Case page of a candidate. This article explains how Unit Administrators, Case Managers, and Committee Managers can record the results of a committee vote.
Committee Members can view the results of their committee's vote, but they do not cast votes in the program. Rather, they are polled and the results of that vote are entered by a Unit Administrator, Case Manager, or Committee Manager. Committee Members will see no option for voting on their view of a candidate's case page. Also, while more than one committee can access a case at a given case review step, committee voting is always distinct for each committee.
The voting feature will only appear within a case if voting options have been created within the Administration section.
Record Results of Committee Vote
1. Navigate to Edit Case under Cases
Navigation: Cases > Name > Case Details
- Click Cases under Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT) on the navigation menu.
- Click the Name of the desired case to edit.
- Select the Case Details tab.
2. Record Votes
- Click the Add New Votes button.
- Record committee votes in the table using the plus and minus buttons.
- Click Save when finished. Results of the committee vote are displayed in a circular graph
- Click Edit Results at the bottom left to update the vote or edit the number of votes for a particular decision
If a voting option is deleted or edited and changed, that voting option cannot be edited on existing committee voting ballots where it was added before it was deleted. This means adding or subtracting from that option for the existing vote with the plus or minus buttons will not be possible because the voting option does not exist anymore. In these cases, an error message will display and the change will not be recorded (the data will remain unaltered).
Committee Members can see the results of a committee vote, but voting information can only be entered or edited by Unit Administrators, Case Managers, or Committee Managers in the program.