Submit a New Hire for Approval by Closing a Position
At the end of a search, Committee Managers and Administrators can close a position and indicate whether or not they have selected one or more applicants to fill the position. If an institution has established a workflow for approving selections, selections for approval will need to be submitted. Interfolio's selection approval workflows feature is a practical tool to ensure that all academic hires follow an institution's policies about how to hire new faculty members. The steps below describe the process of closing a position and submitting selected applicants for approval.
Submit New Hire for Approval
1. Navigate to Close Position under Positions
Navigation: Positions > Position Name > Position Actions > Close Position
- Click Positions from the navigation bar.
- Click the hyperlinked Name of the desired position to be closed.
- Select Close Position from the Position Actions dropdown menu in the top right corner.
2. Add selected applicants
- Click Yes under Was an applicant selected?
- Click the Add Applicant button under Select Applicant(s).
Note that more that one applicant can be selected to fill the position.
- Click Add adjacent to the desired applicant(s) on the Add Selected Applicant window.
- Click Close when finished.
3. Send selection for approval
The approvers for the selected applicant will display.
- Click View all approval steps to view all the selection approval steps in the process.
- Click the checkbox adjacent to Include a personal message to the members receiving access to personalize the message sent to member on the next step of the approval process.
- Click Preview to preview the message sent to reviewers.
- Click Send when ready to submit the selection for approval.