Import Scholarly Contributions from Medline/PubMed
Citations can be imported into Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR, Faculty180) from Medline/PubMed. FAR has a very sophisticated algorithm to compare the fields of the imported Scholarly Contributions and Creative Productions with current activities in the database, and then clearly shows the faculty member which activities it flagged as possible duplicates.
Import Citations from Medline/PubMed
1. Navigate to the Activity Input form
Import Activities from Homepage
Click Import on the Import Records panel of Interfolio Homepage
Activities on navigation menu
- Click Activities on the navigation menu.
- Click the Scholarly Contributions & Create Productions section to expand it.
- Click Add at the bottom of this section.
2. Search for a specific Medline/PubMed import
- Click the Medline/PubMed under the Import section.
- Click the Continue button.
- If necessary, change the maximum records using the dropdown.
- The default is 25.
- Select the Hide Duplicates check box if desired.
- Select then Search Field using the dropdown.
- Enter the Search Word/Term.
- Click the Search button when finished. The citations from the file are listed.
Check out PubMed's search guidelines for further instructions.
3. Import scholarly contributions
- Select the citations to import by checking the box next to the desired citation.
- Citations that have already been imported are identified as strike-through text these entries are disabled.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Import Selected.
- Review the Year Published, Semester and Year for each citation to be imported and modify as needed. The table at the bottom of the page identifies any possible duplicates.
- Click Save when finished.
- The import report is repeated.
- Click Go Back to return to the Scholarly Contribution section.