Weight Ratings from an Applicant Report
Creating an Applications Report on the Average Ratings for Each Applicant
- From the Dashboard, navigate to the Reports page to run an Applications Report.
After selecting Reports, by default, the Applications Report screen will display.
- Select the relevant positions from the 'Position Names' section
- After selecting the relevant Position Name, navigate to the 'Columns' button and be sure to check 'Average Rating By Criteria'.
- Select 'Done' when finished.
You can also add any other relevant fields that are desired to display in the final document for the search committee.
After selecting 'Done', the report information will populate beneath the form. Now you are ready to download the data.Delete
How to Download Report Information
- Select the 'Download CSV' button to download the table of information from the report in a CSV File.
How to Apply Weights to Ratings
- After launching your favorite spreadsheet software, open the CSV file.
- After your file is open, you will need to create a new column for every criteria you are going to modify.
It will likely look similar to the below image. The beige columns have been added, titled with 'Weighted' and formatted for easier identification.
Before you start creating calculations, it is important to identify what criteria are going to be weighted and by how much.
For instance, there are currently three different criteria in this example:
- Community (is our base value, it will not be modified or weighted)
- Scholarship (will be worth 1.25 times as much as 'Community')
- Interview (will be worth 0.75 times as much as 'Community')
(Note: You are not limited to the criteria in this demonstration)
- Next create the weighted column for 'Community', in the cell enter the following formula:
This formula causes the originating cell to pull data from cell E2, which is the unweighted Community rating.
- Copy the calculation downwards using the auto-fill tool to update the entire column. Click-and-Drag the formula down to the final cell in the table.
After releasing the mouse, your formula will be copied through the selected cells.
- Next we will modify 'Scholarship' to be worth 1.25x as much as 'Community'
Note the formula below: C2 is the cell where the data is originating, 1.25 is the modifcation to the weight of the value.
- Use the Auto-Fill tool to copy the formula downwards, similar to Step 3 in this progression.
After you finish weighing and modifying all of your Ratings, make sure you eliminate any extra information that you do not want to be considered.
- Save your now Weighted CSV file as a PDF.
How to Upload and Attach the Weighted Document of Ratings to the Relevant Faculty Search
- After selecting the relevant positon, click the Position Actions button and then the Edit Position option to edit any internal notes and add the Weighted Ratings PDF.
- On the right side of the screen, select "6. Internal Notes"
- Click the 'Add File' button at the bottom of the page to upload your PDF for the Search Committee to access.
After you have uploaded your file to the position's internal notes, any search committee member can access it via the "View position Details' page within the Position Actions button.