Create Custom Input Sections
Data that is input into the Profile Form and Activity Input Form provides the basis for creating multiple outputs. This article reviews how administrators can create custom input sections for Profile and Activity Input forms from within FAR.
Create Custom Input Section
1. Navigate to Upload Form under Setup
Navigation: Administration > Setup > Upload Form
- Click Setup under the Administration section of the navigation menu
- Click Profile Form or Activity Input Form under the Configuration section.
2. Add new section to desired form
- Click the hyperlinked number for the unit corresponding to the faculty member to be changed. If necessary, click the plus sign to expand a unit.
- The Form Configuration screen will display, showing the list of forms that have already been created for the selected unit.
- Click Change adjacent to Unit to select a different unit or subunit, if desired.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) adjacent to the form desired to add a custom input section.
- Click Add Section.
3. Fill out information
Click Preview at the top of the page, at any time, to see how the new section will display in the form.
- General Information
|Section Name||Type a name for the new section|
|Instructions||Type instructions for using the new section|
ii. Section Fields
|Subsection Name||Type a name for the subsection (the default subsection name is Input Form)|
|Instructions||Type instructions for using the subsection|
|Field Label||Type a name for the field|
|Required Field||Select the checkbox if the field is required|
|Add Label to Vita Output||Select the checkbox to display the field on the vita template. This field is used to define large text boxes or rich text boxes|
The field can display as a text field, list, date field, or numeric field. The following options are available for each field type:
|Set Default Value||Specify a default value for the field|
|Limit Number of Characters||Specify the maximum number of characters for the field.|
Use the Reorder Field dropdown on the righthand side of the field number to change the order of the fields, if desired. Fields can also be deleted using this dropdown.
iii. Activity Classifications: Use the drag and drop function to select the activity classification to be used.
iv. Section Settings
|Activity Classification Order||Specify the order to display the activity classification|
|Disable Section Options||Used to limit faculty and administrator options for the input section|