Configure Upload Form
The Upload Form in Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR, Faculty180) is used by administrators to upload institutional data, such as faculty courses and faculty classifications. The Upload Form is then used to Upload data.
When to use the Upload Form
When uploading data to Interfolio FAR, the Upload Form must be used if the indirect method of data transfer is being utilized. Once the Upload Form is configured, the Upload Data feature will be used to upload an institution's data.
How to configure the Upload Form
1. Navigate to Upload Form under Setup
Navigation: Administration > Setup > Upload Form
- Click Setup under the Administration section of the navigation menu.
- Click Upload Form under the Configuration section.
2. Fill out information
- Select the type of template to be configured using the Upload dropdown list under the Data to Upload section.
Note that in the Upload Fields section, the fields vary based on the type of template being configured.
- Select the separator that is used (comma or tab) in the data being uploaded from the institutional system using the Separator dropdown list.
- Use the Select Fields dropdowns under the Upload Fieldssection to select the fields corresponding to the data being uploaded.
- The order of the fields selected must correspond with the column order in the uploaded data file.
- Select a field marked Not Shown and select a number corresponding to which column will display the additional data point.
Optional: Click Download Current Template to see a CSV sample of the output.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Go Back when finished.
When uploading a Courses Taught data file, multiple classification values are allowed for Activity Classification fields that have a multi-select option. In the Microsoft Excel file that gets uploaded to Interfolio FAR, each classification value in the data field must be separated using a pipeline, for example, classroom|online|distance|learning.